D&D 3E/3.5 Help a curmudgeon replace a 3.5 feat!

green slime

First Post
Mike Sullivan said:

That would seem rather to defeat the point, wouldn't it?

CRGreathouse, what about a feat which simply allowed a character to take a 15' move in conjunction with a full attack with a bow? It lacks a certain something, I suppose, aesthetically, but it might serve the same purpose.

Except that is more powerful, than manyshot is at the moment. With Manyshot, you only get one attack roll, and only one of the arrows does Crit damage. Your suggestion would allow multiple attack rolls, increasing the chance of at least 1 hit, and increasing the chance that a critical occurs.

Mike Sullivan

First Post
green slime said:
Except that is more powerful, than manyshot is at the moment. With Manyshot, you only get one attack roll, and only one of the arrows does Crit damage. Your suggestion would allow multiple attack rolls, increasing the chance of at least 1 hit, and increasing the chance that a critical occurs.

It is more powerful on attack than is Manyshot, yes. But it allows a fairly small amount of movement (I guess I should probably have said "half movement" or something, to accomodate size small critters), rather than a full move action like Manyshot does.

Thus, for example, if you're doing a "falling back and shooting" kind of thing, where you're retreating to get as many shots in as possible at someone with a melee weapon who's trying to close with you, my proposed feat will allow you to get a few full attacks in, then the guy will be right next to you. Manyshot, by contrast, would allow a lot of lesser shots (as the guy double-moves towards you and you single-move back).

Centaur

First Post
What about making it a beter version of Rapid Shot. Normaly Rapid Shot allows a bonus of one arrow at a -2 to hit. In this way, two additon arrows would be -4, three would be -6 and four would be -8.

Of course, there is still the problem of multiple chances for a critical hit now, But I think it makes a lot more sense than the way many shot is writen now.

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Manyshot is fine, there's clearly justification for it in the movies. :)

6302946387_hj40.jpg

hong

WotC's bitch
Actually, the Taoist swordsman in _A Chinese Ghost Story_ was doing it in 1987, way before either Cary Elwes or that elf d00d. :)

Remove ads