• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! character conversion

Tarangil

First Post
I never got that little pamphlet when 3E came out in regards to transferring 2E characters to 3E, or in this case now 3.5.

In any case I've never had to transfer between editions since my players wanted to start with fresh characters in the new system...Until now.

My brother wants to introduce his 13/13 cleric mage from second ed. to third edition. I've looked at the mystic theurge class and figgered that I could make hime 3w/3c/7mt. Now, does that sound right???

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
W13/C13 2E - 3.5E Conversion

That is definitely the most direct conversion, albeit with a loss in effectiveness (10th level caster verses 13th), but that cannot really be helped given the way 3.x works. You can take a look at the plethora of Prestige Classes out their to posibly find ones that might fit the player's vision of the character and add MT as well.

Here are links to the 3.5 Update and the 2e to 3E Conversion Guide.

Good luck!

dcollins

Explorer
Tarangil said:
My brother wants to introduce his 13/13 cleric mage from second ed. to third edition. I've looked at the mystic theurge class and figgered that I could make hime 3w/3c/7mt. Now, does that sound right???

What you'll see in the 3.0 Conversion Manual is that for total level, you should take class #1 and add one-third the level from any other classes. Thus, this PC should be converted to total level 13 + 4 = 17.

Therefore, some options are Clr9/Wiz8, or Clr13/Wiz4, or Clr4/Wiz13. If you use Mystic Theurge (from 3.5) then I guess you can do Clr3/Wiz3/Mys11. (Which in this case works out to higher caster level in both, and that's why some of us think Mystic Theurge is broken.)

Remove ads