Help from those familiar with Louisiana

TracerBullet42

First Post
Hello ENWorld! I have some friends who are getting married this weekend and will be living in Thibedeaux (I'm sure I spelled that wrong), Louisiana. As a wedding gift, several of us are just pitching some cash together to give them enough money for a weekend getaway a few months down the road.

In addition to that, I'm trying to do some research and will assemble a booklet of information to help them plan their getaway.

Here's where you can help! If you're familiar with the Louisiana area (I live in Chicagoland, so I am most definitely NOT familiar with Louisiana), can you help me discover some good locales that I might recommend to them?

For example, I discovered this place:
Oak Alley Plantation - Visiting, Bed & Breakfast, Groups & Private Events, and About Us

It seems like a nice weekend getaway. I'm hoping to find some more things like it.

So, if you have some ideas, please share them! Thanks!

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Does the couple like fine dining?

I'm from Houston, and here people care about awesome food. Houston has some of the best restaurants in the country, and New Orleans also has some of the best. The location you found says it's between Baton Rouge and New Orleans. It's about an hour from Baton Rouge to New Orleans, so the couple might like to go to New Orleans anyways since it's likely only half an hour away. So, I'd recommend the French Quarter (and Cafe du Monde) and a great restaurant (My top spots are probably Commander's Palace and August) :
New Orleans Restaurants: Restaurant Reviews by 10Best
The Top 10 New Orleans restaurants | - NOLA.com
New Orleans Restaurants .com -- insider's guide to the best restaurants in New Orleans

If your friends are going from the Chicago area to Thibodaux, they might appreciate a trip 'to the big city' anyways.
Top Ten Things to Do in New Orleans
Best New Orleans Attractions and Actvities: Top 10Best Attraction Reviews
New Orleans Online - Things to See and Do

Remove ads