• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help in Fantasy Book research

brightgoat

First Post
A friend of mine is having a wedding soon, and being a fellow geek, she's naming each of the tables at the wedding after a world in a fantasy novel.

But, all of her books are packed away in boxes, and she can't access them.

So, I'm throwing it out to all of you knowledgable friendly people.

Here are the books, can you name the world?

Stephen R Donaldson - the Thomas Covenant Series (I just remember "The
Land" - did it have a more formal name?)

David Eddings - the Belgariad

Robert Jordan - it ain't 'Rand-land'

Melanie Rawn - the Dragon Prince series - I remember the princedoms, but
did the whole place have a name?

Tad Williams - the Dragonbone Chair trilogy

George RR Martin - the Ice and Fire series

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

s/LaSH

First Post
Trouble is, I can't remember many of these for the reason that they're not named. Sure, I can go on about Andor or Arendia or any number of places, but the worlds are just World in my mind. Lews Therin Telamon didn't Break Randland, he Broke 'the world'. Exact words.

It might almost be easier to go with kingdoms as tables, much though it pains me to say it.

Volaran

First Post
Eddings' world doesn't seem to have a name (Continents seem to be "Mallorea" and "The West"...though that doesn't include the south part of the continent). Same with the Jordan books. Sometimes they name a big place, like Shara, but never the world.

...much the opposite of dragonlance that way...always irritated me that Ansalson was one tiny part of Krynn, but everything of note seemed to happen there. You'd figure eventually explorers from other continents beyond Taladas would come looking for the place just to see why the gods keep randomly disappearing/vast natural disaters happen/ect.

Last edited:

WayneLigon

Adventurer
I'd suggest different tables :)

Classic:
Darkover
Earthsea
Barsoom
Pern
Narnia
Dune
Midgard
Ivrel

Modern:
Discworld
Xanth
Klah (trivia points for knowing that, maybe :) )
Velgarth
Matrin

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads