• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me build an elven cleric 5 (PHB/SRD only)

Prism

Explorer
Your probably going to want to stay quite close to the rest of the party I would think as you are on your own as a melee fighter so I would consider archery in addition to melee attacks. Fire your arrows until something closes and then either use your long sword two handed with your strength domain power and power attack or one handed with a shield against heavy hitting opponents. Sometimes your job as the melee fighter maybe to hold up certain creatures while the ranger and rogue deal the damage.

So if you were going straight cleric you could take power attack and combat expertise and use whichever best suited the combat situation. A decent strength bow will make the monsters close on you rather than you having to charge them, and a long sword and buckler gives you the option of a two handed attack or one handed attack each round. If you decide upon ftr2/clr3 for the extra feats then cleave and improved initiative are good options - remember though that your domain powers will be slightly weaker

For a one off game load up with single use items. A wand of cure light at 750gp will mean you don't have to use all your spells healing people. 2 or 3 potions of bulls strength for the combats to back up any you have prepared. A scroll or two of lesser restoration should be 150gp each. A few silvered arrows and a scroll of magic weapon for you bow just in case

ackron

First Post
One quick reminder, an elf's favored class is wizard, so cleric4/fighter1 would have an xp penalty. Not sure if that matters for a 1-shot, but it's worth noting.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Well, that depends on the GM. A 5th level character is a 5th level character however you take the classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads