Help Me Name a "Terrorist" Organization in Star Wars...

Pbartender

First Post
I need a name for a terrorist organization in the Star Wars universe for an adventure I'm designing.

It'll be a small group based out of Tatooine (Arkanis sector) that's working against the Empire. The group is a bit more criminal, vicious and ruthless than the Rebel Alliance, and does not shy away from attacking the civilians who support the Imperial military and government. As of yet, though, they have few members and few resources, so their operations have been relatively small time stuff for now (kidnappings, beatings, minor sabotage, major vandalism and the like). No one yet takes them seriously, but they take themselves WAY too seriously.

So, I need a good name for them, but nothing I come up with sounds quite right... Even better if the name can be made into a clever acronym.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Che-bacca.jpg
    Che-bacca.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Consider naming the group after one of their martyrs or influential leaders. Traveller has the Ine Givar terrorists operating in the Spinward Marches. You've got Maoists in various places in the world today. Then you don't have to worry about coming up with an acronym that will take on a separate life of its own like the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF).

Steel_Wind

Legend
Humans Undermining Tyranny on Tatooine

They aren't the HUTT, but that does not mean that they do not perceive there are potential security benefits to be derived from the misdirection the acronym implies. And given the ruthless tactics this group apparently engages in, the implication the Hutt are involved is certainly front and centre to all.

I suppose that if real trouble from the Empire arise for the Hutts by reason of this midirection, there may be other criminal elements on the look-out in the sector for these Rebel Scum with their own agenda and private score to settle.

If you don't use the acronym directly - and let the players figure it out for themselves - the misdirection that ensues should be enjoyable :)

Remove ads