Help me pick a PRC for my Barbarian

edge3343

First Post
Ok so I have a 6th level Elf barb. His specialties include smashing things with his heavy flail (he has a particular hatred for Giant kin). He's not a mounted combat kind of guy but he did recently acquire a sweet Buffalo ride. He bosts a massive 19 Str and a dimmunitive 5 Int. Other than proceeding in Barb levels, I don't really know what PRCs are available.

Brain

First Post
I'd say probably just stick with Barbarian unless something inspires you. You could check out Bear Warrior from complete warrior, it's kind of cool and has easy pre-reqs (rage, power attack, bab+7)

Greylock

First Post
Seconding what the fellow above says, Edge. I assumed from the beginning that you had that PrC in mind, and eventually planned on another show-down with your clan's new avatar at some point.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
I forget the name, but there's a cool PrC in Frostburn that seems neat.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Seeten said:
Frenzied Warrior from Complete Warrior is awesome for Barbarians, IMO.

Frenzied Berserker, and yes, It is neat. But you have to be careful, for frenzy cannot be ended as easily as rage.

IndyPendant

First Post
"Frenzied Warrior from Complete Warrior is awesome for Barbarians, IMO."..."Frenzied Warrior from Complete Warrior is awesome for Barbarians, IMO."..."And sadly unawesome for everyone else in the party."

/em chuckles as he remembers the frothing-at-the-mouth on these forums at how absurd the Frenzied Berzerker is...

If any player seriously wanted to play that PrC, I would seriously consider perma-banning that player from any campaign I GM'd...: )

(Edit: Bah. Corrected a premature 'Submit Post' button-click...)

Saeviomagy

Adventurer
The first time a PC frenzied berserker attacks the party is the first time my character murders a PC in his sleep.

So IMHO stay away from them.

Given that your character is dumb as mud... I don't think you'll be able to qualify for many PrCs. Typically they require skill points, which you don't have. If you want to take them, you'd best get some rogue or ranger levels into you.

Having said that, rogue, ranger and fighter all make nice synergies with barbarian. You can make a fine PC just sticking with multiclass combos.

Finally - if you want a PrC, you should probably have some sort of concept in mind for your character. "Hitting stuff with a flail" doesn't really qualify - although I suppose you could try for some of the weapon-master style characters.

Greylock

First Post
His INT is 5. "Hit stuff with flail" pretty much sums up the character :p. He's a hoot, though.

Do you want me to copy you on the particulars of the Bear Warrior, Edge? It really does kinda fit the bill for DumbBear. Prereq's, BAB 7, Rage ability, Power Attack. That's it. The PrC would allow DumbBear to actually transform into a bear while raging.

Remove ads