Help Me Understand the GURPS Design Perspective

pemerton

Legend
The idea of having Doctor Doom be a minor character... it boggles the mind.
Sure, but that seems to be one way of getting at what's going on in Squirrel Girl if you want to run a version of that in MHRP.

I'm not advocating for that (in general) and am not advocating for a Squirrel Girl game (in particular). But I think it is one of the devices that MHRP has available that helps answer the question that was asked.

Somewhat similarlly, if I was running a game with The Punisher, Cloak and Dagger I think it would be reasonable to apply/interpret Vehicle, Science and Tech skill in a more constrained way than if it was Iron Man, The Fantastic Four and Spidey.

I see this as part of what makes MHRP a better fit for supers (and frankly a lot of other non-gritty genre stuff) than GURPS.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Sure, but that seems to be one way of getting at what's going on in Squirrel Girl if you want to run a version of that in MHRP.

No argument. It is more a comment on Squirrel Girl, and comics in general, than anything else.

I see this as part of what makes MHRP a better fit for supers (and frankly a lot of other non-gritty genre stuff) than GURPS.

Again, no argument. There's plenty of things GURPS does well. 4-color supers isn't one of them.

Remove ads