Help on a Paladin Buid.

JPlay36

First Post
Hello everyone,

New to these forums but not to D&D. I have looked at some older posts to help me figure some things out but none of them really clear things up enough for me. Plus I am an idiot when it comes to basic math so I wanted some help and clarification on a Paladin that I'm building for the campaign I'm currently involved in. We've been playing about every 2 weeks now since last October and my Paladin is currently at level 10, and there are some things that I've already discussed with my DM on what my build is and what my plans are for it. So here's some character info to get started. Also, playing 3.5e and we are not allowed any FR books.

10 Level Paladin of St. Cuthbert (we're playing the Shackled City Adventure Path in Greyhawk)

STR: 16
DEX: 16
CON: 18
INT: 11
WIS: 16
CHA: 18

To start, yes I know my stats are pretty high but some of it is due to magic items.

Feats: Mounted Combat; Power Attack; Improved Smiting (CD); Celestial Mount; Ride-by-attack.

In one more level I will be receiving a Celestial Dire Tiger as a mount so I do not want to get Charging Smite as a feat as that will remove my ability to have this cool mount.

Anyway, as to my question. I want to maximize my damage when mounted and charging. Can someone help me to figure out what I need to do in order to do this and how much damage I will be able to dish out? Also as a note in two more levels I will be able to use True Strike 2x/day due to an item that I have, so I can basically utilize all my PA bonus and if I initiate my True Strike ability still be able to hit the target (unless I roll a 1).

Hmm ... I remember there being a lot of small, five foot wide hallways in Shackled City.

The quick answer would be Spirited Charge.

Calvary Charger from CW would also be neat but I don't know how much use you'll get out of it.

JPlay36

First Post
There are but there are also a lot of larger open spaces where the major combats tend to happen for us, and with the ability to call my mount into existence from his home plane, I can just leave him at "home" until we come across a big boss type fight in one of those larger areas, and then call him in so that we can dish out the pain.

Remove ads