• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help: Player wants to be Super Mario

It has been along time since I played Mario, but no armor, jumping, and all those power ups make me think Tiger Totem Barbarian. I think I would go for a Halfling instead of dwarf--better to be lucky than good.

Satyrn

First Post
You gotta find a eay to give him the enlarge spell. If you're going elements monk, it'll be as easy as creating a discipline that let's him cast the spell.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Maybe he should be a Kensai Monk with a Warhammer as his favored weapon. (Because Maul is unavailable...)

Seriously, that's a cool way to envision something for someone wanting to get into the game.

Aiden_Keller_

First Post
Background: Guild Artisan (Plumber)

Also I think you want Hill Dwarf (+Wisdom, +1 HP/level) rather than Mountain Dwarf. The +2 Str from Mountain Dwarf is nice, but the light/medium armor proficiency is totally useless for you.

I might have to add this as a guild in Dragon Heist now...

schnee

First Post
I'd give him a Ring of Jumping.

And, I'd home brew a special ability. Allow him, once per long rest to cast Enlarge on himself - and while it's going he has +10' to movement.

Done.

Give him that, and then give everyone else something equally unique and cool, and you have a very engaging game.

Dausuul

Legend
I feel like this calls for a new monk subclass.

WAY OF THE MUSHROOM

Smash Attack: When you take this path at 3rd level, you gain the ability to jump a distance equal to your speed. Whenever you make an unarmed attack immediately after jumping at least 20 feet, add one of your martial arts dice to the damage of that attack. You can't gain this bonus damage more than once per turn.

Super Mushroom: At 6th level, as a bonus action, you can expend 3 ki points to grow as if you had cast the enlarge/reduce spell on yourself, choosing the enlarge option. You also gain temporary hit points equal to twice your monk level. The effect ends after 1 minute or when all of these temporary hit points are lost.

Fire Flower: At 11th level, whenever you could make an unarmed strike, you can hurl a globe of fire instead. Make a ranged spell attack. If you hit, you deal 2d6 fire damage. At 11th level, the damage increases to 2d8, and at 17th level, it increases to 2d10.

Starman: At 17th level, as a bonus action, you can expend 4 ki points to become immune to all damage until the start of your next turn. While under this effect, you can use Smash Attack any number of times per turn, and you do not have to jump to use it.

Remove ads