D&D 5E Help playtest my fantasy stat draft!

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
@Fenris-77 @Snarf Zagyg @akr71

Hello! After the recent completion of @el-remmen's recent stat draft (find here), I've been inspired to put together my own (somewhat more convoluted) version of the same idea for my own group. I'm trying out some slightly different ideas, and I will admit my own personal ideas of what "balanced" looks like is somewhat askew, so I'm hoping to get 7 playtesters to try this out.

Signups will be first come, first serve, and I'm prioritizing posters who didn't get into the last thread but wanted to try it out. Once I have 7 participants, I'll randomly decide the drafting order.

General rules

1) Drafting is in a strict snake order. We'll pick in order from 1-7, and then the person who picked 7th will pick 8th, and then reverse order back to the person who picked 1st. The draft will be 7 total rounds.
2) Unlike @el-remmen's draft, this will be one and done. You get what you get!
3) I'm giving a 12 hour window for picks, with a little bit of leeway if the last pick comes late at night for you. (I'm in EST time zone, but please let me know your time zone when you sign up.) If you're unavailable after that, we'll pick something for you that seems suitable for your intentions.
4) Trading picks is not forbidden, but I'm not going out of my way to encourage it. If you want to trade, please use PMs and rope me in if you and a trade partner come to an agreement.

Character building rules

1) Characters start at level 4. All WotC books are allowed, and I allow/encourage homebrew, although I'd ask for it to be approved by me first.
2) Tasha's "customizing lineage" rules are in effect.
3) In addition to their starting equipment as determined by class/background, all characters start with 500 gp for mundane equipment and 2 uncommon consumable items of their choice. (Consumable being a potion, scroll, oil, etc.)
4) There are 2 kinds of stat "picks" in this draft. There are flat picks (like a Str 16 or Int 12), and there are stat adjustments (+2 to any one stat, +3 Cha). Stat adjustments can be stacked onto flat picks; for example, if you pick "Cha 14" and also pick "+2 to any stat" you can have a 16 Cha. As normal, stats cannot exceed 20 and not go under a 3.
5) If you don't have enough "flat picks" at the end of 7 rounds to cover all 6 stats, any other stats start at 8.
6) If you have 2 flat picks for the same stat (like a Str 10 and a Str 14), you may use either, the other is lost with no benefit.

OK, that's pretty much it, hopefully enough people find this interesting so that we can try it! I'll post the table of picks once I have a full slate of participants.

1) @Fenris-77
2) @akr71
3) @Mannahnin
4) @Snarf Zagyg
5) @el-remmen
6) @Blue
7) @Swarmkeeper

Alternates
1) @Charlaquin

Last edited:

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
If you need one more I’ll join in, but keep me at the bottom of the priority list cause I’d rather just watch this one if I’m not needed for it to fire.

Please give others who didn't participate in @el-remmen's stat draft priority over me, but you can count me as an alternate if you need one of the last slots filled. Certainly happy to watch as well.

Remove ads