Help! Sources of *good* material

Y.O.Morales

First Post
To the Enworlders:

I'm planning to start a new campaign on January. The thing is I haven't DMed since two whole years, and when I did, I used to keep track of free material on the 'net: maps, tiles, adventures, etc.

But two years have passed, and though I've been lurking here and there, I'm not aware right now of what good things are available for free. My campaign will be home-brew, no deities, no standard races, and with an altered system (lots of house rules!). So I'll be more than happy if some of you enlightened me about free game material that you think is of the best quality, no matter if they come from these boards or as freebies from a company/designer.

While we're on the topic, I'd like to know which PDFs are worth the time (three choices will be enough, please)

Thanks for reading this and for any help you post. :)

Last edited:

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Update:

I've downloaded some cool tiles from SkeletonKeyGames, and I may buy some of their products. Also browsed ENworld's download page and found the 100 Fantasy Locations to be useful. Thanks EN community.

zagorm

First Post
try www.theforge.pl for fully illustrated locations like: church, blacksmith, inn, and more (whole village for example) - over 100 arts :)

All these modules (available in free pdfs section) consist of plans, perspective sketches, descriptions and adventure hooks.

regards
Z

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Campbell said:
Upper Krust's CR/EL System: Pure delight. Do yourself a favor, and grab it.
Well, I did myself a favor and grabbed it, but that CR/EL System seems like a lot of hassle for just guessing better a creature's CR.

However, thanks for the Waking Lands link. I've been trying for months and months to find the guy (SoaPman) who did the Ranger variant years ago on the WoTC forums. Thanks again.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Nice stuff at the Forge. :)

By the way, anybody remember the Encounter Scenarios Contest that was held somewhere (I think it was here on ENWorld) about three years ago. I was looking at my old RPG files and found the winning entries of "Put to the Sword" and 'Hunt of the Black Hound' too. Nice stuff, but I can't find the other entries anywhere. :(

(Excuse me for asking for such old stuff. I'll put a rest to this thread now)

DungeonmasterCal

First Post

Remove ads