• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help! Sources of *good* material

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
Y.O.Morales said:
Well, I did myself a favor and grabbed it, but that CR/EL System seems like a lot of hassle for just guessing better a creature's CR.

However, thanks for the Waking Lands link. I've been trying for months and months to find the guy (SoaPman) who did the Ranger variant years ago on the WoTC forums. Thanks again.
The CR/EL System: I'm a bit of a gearhead, and quite used to point buy systems so I appreciate the system much more then the average person. UK has done the work for us for the core rulebooks monsters, and I prefer his take on monster design to that of WotC, particularly when it's neccesarry to create monsters for your games. It's also helpful to those of us who have games that don't quite meet the assumptions inherrent in WotC's system. It also is extremely helpful as characters grow in level, where IMHO standard CRs start to fall to the wayside.

The Waking Lands: His class variants and variant combat system just seem to fit. The VCS might take some getting used to, and is not for the feint of heart, but I've found that its execution has done wonders for my games. Higher level games that use it might require some redesign of monsters however.

Last edited:

Remove ads