Help translating to French

Yair

Community Supporter
My family and me recently moved to Montreal, Canada, and we want to give out 'thank you' notes for the caretakers of our (2.5-year-old) child. We don't know French (and don't think it's wise to rely on Google Translate), so I was wondering if someone here would be SO kind as to translate the following three small notes to French for us... pretty please?

Dear ...
We'd like to thank you for the warm welcome to Montreal, and for all your assistance in making a hard transition easier for ....

Happy holidays,

..., Yair and ...

Thank you fo all the care and attention you're giving ..., for helping her adjust, and a special thanks for the extra effort in trying to learn Hebrew for her. ...

Thank you for looking after ..., helping her adjust to the new daycare, and for the love, hugs and kisses you're showering her with.

[Note: This seemed like the closest thing to an Off-Topic forum here; if this post is not appropriate here, I'm sorry. ENWolrd is the largest community I'm a member of, so I figured it's the best place to seek out some help in this translation.]

FJammet

First Post
So, it will be something like :

"Cher [or "chère" if a woman] ....

Nous aimerions vous remercier pour votre accueil chaleureux à Montréal, et pour votre aide qui a grandement facilité un changement difficile pour ...

Nous vous souhaitons de très bonnes fêtes,

..., Yair et ..."

"Merci pour le soin et l'attention que vous apportez à ..., de l'aider à s'adapter, et merci spécialement de faire l'effort d'apprendre l'hébreu pour elle !"

"Merci de vous occuper si bien de ..., de l'aider à s'adapter au nouveau centre, et pour votre affection, vos câlins, et tous les baisers dont vous la couvrez !"

I'm French, and Canadian french is a little different from "French" french, but only in small details and I think they will understand without difficulty. I'm just not sure for "daycare" because it's a different name in France. I think it's "centre de la petite enfance" ou "centre de garde", and so I just put "centre" but maybe you could check this.

Hope it helps you !

Remove ads