D&D General Help w/ Party Loot Tracking

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Anything goes, my friend; anything goes. :)
Yeah, players who can't be trusted (not PCs, players), can go play elsewhere. And if we're trusting someone, a player, to faithfully track the loot for the group, we expect them to not skim. There's no point in playing with people like that or even having them as friends.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Yeah, players who can't be trusted (not PCs, players), can go play elsewhere. And if we're trusting someone, a player, to faithfully track the loot for the group, we expect them to not skim. There's no point in playing with people like that or even having them as friends.
But if you're a player who can be trusted playing a PC who can't, then what?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hey guys. I could use some help. My folders are disorganized. My record-keeping system is non-existent. My handwriting is so bad that it once cancelled game night.

So here's my question: How do you go about handling the party loot sheet? Any software recommendations, bookkeeping resources, or general advice to help a bungling quartermaster out? Scribbled notes on random bits of paper clearly aren't working for me anymore. How does your group handle it?

The one group I play with that handles party loot collectively plays online, so we share a Google Sheets document for loot.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
The one group I play with that handles party loot collectively plays online, so we share a Google Sheets document for loot.
We're doing that too*, but I still end up doing 95% of the non-DM editing when items are found etc. Some players never even look at it until it comes time to divide treasury in town, and when they do it's only to find their share value and to make claims on items.

* - the online excel treasury system we use is one of the very few real positives to come from playing online, as it's both legible (unlike my handwriting, much of the time) and easily accessible to all both now and for archival purposes. ETA: and it does all the arithmetic for us too! :)

Remove ads