• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Help with an idea for an evil character

Naadia

First Post
Our DM asked us to make evil characters for a campaign that will take us from first through 20th level. so far they other members have decided on a sorcerer, rogue and a fighter i think another may be going wizard but not sure and the last one hasn't decided. its looking like im going to be stuck having to be the party healer and im not sure how to go about that as a evil character.

20 point character
cant be chaotic evil.
starting at level 1 but need to plan to 20
needs to be able to heal in some way i guess.
leadership was allowed so i was thinking if possible a level of low Templar for the 1st level ability flag of convenience which i think would be great for an evil character.

none of that has to be set in stone so any advice for a fun evil character would also be great

Mr.E_Danger

First Post
A witch is a pretty good class, with a AoO free healing (hex). If you are looking for more than once a day healing, then you can take the Hedge Witch archetype, which allows you to sacrifice a spell for the equal level healing. They are full casters with a decent spell list, plus hexes allow you to do something other than cast spells.

was

Adventurer
I think a murderous, neutral evil Druid intent on halting civilization's expansion into the wild would be fun and offer some great opportunities for role-playing.

N'raac

First Post
A witch is a pretty good class, with a AoO free healing (hex). If you are looking for more than once a day healing, then you can take the Hedge Witch archetype, which allows you to sacrifice a spell for the equal level healing. They are full casters with a decent spell list, plus hexes allow you to do something other than cast spells.

The Witch can also largely get by on hexes in a lot of scenarios, so sacrificing the spells isn't that big an issue.

Of course, any class with CLW on their spell list (or UMD as a class skill) can operate a wand of healing - what, you want me to waste my precious resources healing YOU? FOR FREE?

I'm assuming this is "Way of the Wicked", so you can't have infighting such as demanding a fee per heal. :)

Have you heard of Infernal Healing? It's controversial, but apparently it's wizardly healing. I think there's a Dual Channel feat that would let a cleric choose to channel positive or negative energy.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=6686416]Naadia[/MENTION]
Evil campaign? Make a spare character. Just in case the halfling stab-murders you in your sleep and/or the party decides not to pay the gold to rez you.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Lawful Evil Cleric or Oracle of Asmodeus. Done. They basically believe in the power of the self - that people who are weak STAY weak because they don't have the power to overcome their own faults or deficiencies.

Next, play the Affably Evil trope and model your character as also being a Magnificent Bastard. From Ray Wise's 'Devil' character on Reaper, to Ba'al from Stargate, to Lex Luthor's dad on Smallville (or Lex himself)... he just oozes class and has every possible outcome of any plan completely covered.

Spend your time cultivating social contacts, getting in good with the aristocracy and other heavy hitters, and basically making everyone see how much of a swell guy you are. Meanwhile, you're quietly gaining power with plans to use it... somehow... evil. ;)

Best way to do that might be to play an Inquisitor. Basically a Bard/Ranger on 'roids, they self-buff, have great skill range and monster lore, wear decent armor, and even make decent archers if you're not the "in your face" kind of player.

Last edited:

Quartz

Hero
How about a Druid / Wizard Mystic Theurge? Of the 'pragmatic' evil variety rather than the 'nasty for the sake of being nasty' sort. IOW evil rather than EVIL.

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
Personally, I'd go with Summoner. Your Eidolon is great at melee while you're a great buffer, good debuffer. Or go the Synthesist archetype to drop your Str and Dex to 7s so you can spend 28 points on four stats.
No matter what you do, I personally enjoy making my evil PCs narcissistic. All you care about is you. You only protect/help out your fellow party members because you see them as an extension of yourself, not real people. You might not go out and murder because you can, but you sure as hell will if you want.

Mr.E_Danger

First Post
I think a murderous, neutral evil Druid intent on halting civilization's expansion into the wild would be fun and offer some great opportunities for role-playing.

Having played a Druid before, it's a really fun class and this is an awesome concept.

Remove ads