help with getting a high AC

I assume his goal is to try and force the monsters to swing at him and just clang off his armor.

If that's the case I'd recommend the feat Goad. It will force melee combatants to engage him if they fail a save. Doesn't have any effect on ranged combatants or other actions such as moving away.:erm:

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Lol, "Ineffectual Turtle". Is that what they are calling it these days.

More in response to your xp comment but...the two words are not always redundant.

Just last week, my caster baleful polymorphed an enemy into a literal turtle. But said enemy was a swordsage who made his will save, so he still was able to snap kick me in the knee and then teleport away when the battle become unwinnable.

He was a quite effective turtle. :p

Magesmiley

Explorer
Well, if he's going to insist on going down this route, I think that a gnome is a better choice than a halfling. Take a look at the Titan Fighting feat from Races of Stone.

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
Yeah, I've done Whisper Gnome Swordsage w/ Desert Wind Dodge and Titan Fighting. +4 AC vs. nearly everything just for doing what you'd do anyway is pretty nice for 2 feats. He furthermore had Child of Shadow stance for 20% miss chance.

Remove ads