• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Log-ons

SylverFlame

First Post
Hello. I have had trouble logging onto enworld since the change over in style. It takes me approximately ten log in attempts (all saying I am logged in) and about half an hour to actually get into the system. I am wondering what is causing this. I am using www.enworld.org as the address I type in and have saved on my favourites. If anyone could help I'd really appreciate it because it is getting highly annoying.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
That's bizarre. Have you tried deleting your EN World cookie to see if that helps?

If anyone else is having this problem, please email me at "kevin at kulp dot org". I'd say post here, but you obviously can't. :D

Last edited:

KenM

Banned
Banned
I'm having the same trouble since the change over, I have to send a password request to my email to log on EVERY TIME. :confused: How do you delete your cookies?

SylverFlame

First Post
Hey P-Kitty (hehe, has that been used yet, probably...), I killed the cookies, deleted enworld from my favs and log-on worked the first time. Thanks for the help.

EricNoah

Adventurer
KenM said:
I'm having the same trouble since the change over, I have to send a password request to my email to log on EVERY TIME. :confused: How do you delete your cookies?

Couple of ways to do it...

The "brute force" method wipes out all of your IE cookies: close and then restart IE. Go to the Tools menu, choose Internet Options, and in the middle of that first screen there should be a Delete Cookies button.

The "finesse" method: Close IE. Use your computer's Find command (should be on your Start menu) and search for "enworld" -- you may find that it turns up 2 or 3 items that say blah blah blah @ enworld[1].txt -- maybe in a folder called Cookies. Delete these. Then restart IE and go to EN World. see what happens.

Remove ads