D&D 5E Help with Mastercrafting "Short" (i.e. Simple) rules for armor and weapons

Puddles

Adventurer
Just a quick idea, (and apologies if I have misunderstood the thread and this is not what you are after), but you could take each property you want to be able to give and assign it to a type of dragon. To be able to craft a magical weapon you need a horn of the type of dragon that grants the properties you are after, and depending on the age of the dragon (young, adult, ancient), determines the power of item that is crafted. 1 way to gain a dragon horn is to slay it, but another way is to bargain with the dragon (maybe horns are shed every 100 years). It could lead to the party hunting certain types of dragon to get certain benefits.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Just a quick idea, (and apologies if I have misunderstood the thread and this is not what you are after), but you could take each property you want to be able to give and assign it to a type of dragon. To be able to craft a magical weapon you need a horn of the type of dragon that grants the properties you are after, and depending on the age of the dragon (young, adult, ancient), determines the power of item that is crafted. 1 way to gain a dragon horn is to slay it, but another way is to bargain with the dragon (maybe horns are shed every 100 years). It could lead to the party hunting certain types of dragon to get certain benefits.
No, that wasn't really what I was going for, but thanks for sharing your thoughts! :)

Remove ads