Help with these stinking PDFs

ergeheilalt

First Post
Heyas,

With the resent epiphany of PDFs, Wizards has released everything in PDF format. I think that's great, they look nice and incorporate pictures with the text.

The only problem I have is the size. I use a laptop for many of my tabletop games and this thing is ancient. (386 Intel, 16 MB RAM, 300 MB hard disk) RTFs (rich text format) are much smaller in comparison, but converting between the two is an arduous task by copying & pasting.

How does one simply switch between the formats with out the copy/paste technique?

Last edited:

Alaska Roberts

First Post
I actually know this, there is a way, its a tool on the full version of Adobe Acrobat that allows you to convert it one page at a time. You can download it at thier site, but I cant remember the name of it......

hope that helps some.

dagger

Adventurer
There is also a 3rd party tool you can use with the full version of Adobe Acrobat that converts pdf files into html files for quick and easy viewing.

poilbrun

Explorer
In the full version of Adobe Acrobat, in the file menu, you can go to batch processing and select Save all as RTF. I doesn't look as good as the pdf (mainly because it doesn't recognize columns), but with some editing, it's not that bad... I don't know if this function exists in the viewer version however...

Remove ads