• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help with Visual Basic

Majin Trugeta

First Post
Thanks!

Thanks guys I'll keep that in mind. That last change to the program made it work yesterday and it seems to be working flawlessly at this point. I made a few more tweaks to it, mainly cosmetic changes but it's basically done. It's not much, and its most likely not done very efficiently but I'll send it to anyone that wants to check it out. Just e-mail me at the address I stated in an earlier post above if your interested.

I plan on learning more this summer. I'm going to try to keep myself busy with VB so as not to forget most of it over the summer, and mix in some C++ as well. I took this class a few years back and got lost when we got into functions. Calling that stuff can get pretty tricky for a beginner I guess. Anyway, I plan on using the C for hopefully creating my own scripts for Neverwinter Nights when it is released, and use VB just to make little projects here and there. Most likely D&D related. Maybe I'll make a character creator just for fun piece by piece and see if I can "stick it all together" somehow in the end. Who knows?

faqulan mitaadle

First Post
Personnaly, I woulda thrown out the multi-form myself and gone with one form that uses a series of frames as the user steps through the survey. Then you wouldn't need to worry about global variables or something not being of the right scope. That's how we've built DMTT http://www.velvetpantheon.com/dmtt.htm each section (with a couple of exceptions) sits on a frame. This allowed us to have all kinds of interaction with different parts of the system.

Remove ads