Help

I am new to DND I went to a town that I always travel to. It has been taken over by evil. They have took over the town and put a Devine spell over the town where no magic can be used. Any suggestions on how to rid this spell and get rid of these evil idiots?

Reisender

Villager
Investigate the nature of the disturbance, maybe it is an item or something that can be destroyed or a foe that can be defeated to lift the curse.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Not much help can be offered from your brief description, alas.

Play a Rogue or a Barbarian or a Fighter; you wouldn't need magic to do your thing. (Since you will have to solve mysteries, Rogue might be the best choice.)

Heavy math solution (so have a high INT): a Wizard with cantrips can walk around and try to use a cantrip. Walk in a straight line away from town and try every so often until the spell works. Plot your position on a map. Repeat with roads going different directions. The points on the map should resemble a circle. Whatever is causing the problem is near the center of the circle.

Now you need to skulk around and gather information. What buildings are where? Can you see in the windows? Is any place guarded / protected?
You also need to talk to the townspeople to collect information. (Are there newly-arrived strangers? They might have brought the problem with them.)

When you know more you can begin to draft a plan to defeat the enemy.

And keep us posted, maybe we can help more.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If no magic can be used, this suggests that the people in control cannot use magic either. This, in turn, suggests that brute force/monsters will be how the Evil force stays in control.

If they CAN use magic despite the anti-magic barrier, then this ability must relate directly to their Goddess/patron, or some other anti-anti-magic ( :-S ) Artifact. Get your detective cap on and find out everything you can about this cult.

Remove ads