• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hengeyokai help ?????

euronymous

First Post
I am going to start playing a Hengeyokai (sparrow) monk in a new F realms campaign and was wondering if anybody had any whacky ideas or bird-like nuances my character could roleplay and make it fun for the rest of our group without giving my race away ??

thanks in advance !!!

Oh, I love it.

We had a sparrow-hengeyokai in the first OA game I ever ran. It was a few weeks before anyone found out.

But they knew he was odd right away.

First, his tendency to chirp when talking. For a big, heavy, bearded guy (the player that is), this was pretty distinctive.

And there was the way he held his head when talking to people.

But most importantly was the famous line when he met the guy with the pole-arm: "You have to put a cover on that thing! You could hurt somebody flying by!"

alsih2o

First Post
preen yourself with your mouth, constantly setting hairs straight and removing stains.

when at rest, stand around on one leg.

keep a mouthful of seed going, always cracking them open and spitting out the hulls.

leave "presents" on the other players windsheilds.

Last edited:

Emiricol

Most birds do not move fluidly. Instead, every motion is a series of lightning-quick miniature spasms of movement.

Actual walking/running would be a bit different, but they'd still have the tendency to come to an apparently unnaturally abrupt halt when done, or even a couple times crossing the room, etc...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads