D&D Movie/TV Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more! There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the...

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more!

There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the D&D cartoon characters from the 80s have a cameo!

darjr

I crit!
So, there was an announcement of the announcement to announce the trailer. When that happens it means it'll be good, right?

Also, remember the last (or last but one) WotC survey, the one that asked a bunch of questions about how angry you would be if (for example) a sorcerer was seen in the movie casting a healing spell? Yeah, it's now abundantly clear that this survey contained a load of hints about what would be in the movie—including Dagult Neverember, Triboar, Frozenfar, Szass Tam, etc. etc. I'm certain we glimpse most of these in the trailer.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Part of me hopes that after each combat scene in the film, an old-fashioned intermission screen pops up for 30 seconds with "SHORT REST" on it.

Drive In Intermission GIF

Ya know, for authenticity.

Last edited:

pukunui

Legend
I think those are the duergar of Gracklstugh in the background there. EDIT: Actually, they look like statues. I still reckon the underground scenes with all the lava are in/around Gracklstugh, which is where Thembercaud the obese red dragon lives (and that is almost definitely him).

Also, is it just me, or does Regé-Jean's paladin have the Rage of Demons logo on his forehead? (Perhaps it's just an Easter egg reference to the fact that Gracklstugh is featured in Out of the Abyss.)

Rage_of_Demons_Logo.png

Last edited:

Remove ads

Remove ads