D&D Movie/TV Here's The D&D Movie Trailer!

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more! There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the...

"Who needs heroes when you have thieves?" The movie arrives March 3rd, 2023. Here's the trailer! When they said it was inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy, they weren't kidding! We have dragons, owlbears, mimics, gelatinous cubes, quips, and more!

There was also a clip shown at San Diego Comic Con where the party cast speak with dead, and got to ask five questions. Also, apparently, the D&D cartoon characters from the 80s have a cameo!

Reynard

Legend
I would think that they would keep them separate so movie related/movie specific merch would be easily noted/differentiated.

And there will definitely be moichendise!! They already announced a Gelatinous Cube toy from Hasbro Pulse that is scaled to hold a 6" action figure. So we know at least there will be a range of 6" figures. I'm guessing those will be similar in quality, detail and price point to the 6" Black Series line for Star Wars, since those are Hasbro as well.
I can't believe there won't be a movie tie in starter set. Right?

Urriak

Explorer
More important than the actual view count, the trailer is #1 trending video on YouTube. No small feat considering there have been a number of other reveals coinciding with comic-con, most notably another Rings of Power trailer (which I think also looks good).

Movie is definitely going for "Guardians of the Galaxy, but fantasy." Which is a good take, because Guardians of the Galaxy is essentially D&D in space.

One thing I don't think anyone has commented on so far...

1658528654047.png

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the movie's version of Drow. Pointed ears, likely in the underdark... and yes they're not purple/ebony, but I think everyone with half-a-brain would know having ebony drow is a disaster idea. To be clear, I think it's best they went with the Romulan-evil look instead.

darjr

I crit!
More important than the actual view count, the trailer is #1 trending video on YouTube. No small feat considering there have been a number of other reveals coinciding with comic-con, most notably another Rings of Power trailer (which I think also looks good).

Movie is definitely going for "Guardians of the Galaxy, but fantasy." Which is a good take, because Guardians of the Galaxy is essentially D&D in space.

View attachment 254848

I'm pretty sure that's going to be the movie's version of Drow. Pointed ears, likely in the underdark... and yes they're not purple/ebony, but I think everyone with half-a-brain would know having ebony drow is a disaster idea. To be clear, I think it's best they went with the Romulan-evil look instead.
Tatoos on bald head. Thayan, not drow.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s

View attachment 254848

Most likely Thayan subordinates to the Red Wizard Lich. Or less piercings Shadar Kai?

Urriak

Explorer
Tatoos on bald head. Thayan, not drow.

I dunno, he and the other guys in the fight are all wearing armor, and the green sword seems very Drow-ish. So could be just Red Wizards, but considering how the RW are supposed to all be human, it's strange one has pointed ears. I'm still thinking these are re-branded drow.

Remove ads

Remove ads