D&D 5E Here's the Ravenloft Alternate Cover!

As usual, there is an alternate hobby-store exclusive cover for the upcoming Ravenloft book. Here's a look at it! And here's the full wraparound art. https://www.enworld.org/threads/updated-with-cover-the-d-d-book-is-van-richtens-guide-to-ravenloft.678411/ https://www.enworld.org/threads/things-we-know-about-the-ravenloft-book.678416/#post-8206170...

As usual, there is an alternate hobby-store exclusive cover for the upcoming Ravenloft book. Here's a look at it!

rav_exc_en.png

And here's the full wraparound art.

alt_cover_art.jpg

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
This might be the first set of covers, with both the primary and the alternative, where I find neither are really to my tastes. They're not bad, they just don't inspire me. And I think EVERY other book (or set) has inspired me, up until this. Every other one I find details which cause me to be curious about what something might be, what I might discover in the book, how I could use some of it for my own games. This one just says...generic horror guys to me. I guess with the exception of the reflection in the sword and the amulet on the back. The rest? Vampire, zombie, wraith, hag, werewolf, ravens, graveyard, I can find this stuff on the boxes at Halloween costume stores.

GreyLord

Legend
I actually like the other cover better.

Theoretically, I'd imagine the character holding what appears to be a sword that takes up the most space on this cover is the same character that is reaching for their sword on the other cover (lower right side).

Not sure who it is, as I'm not that familiar with Ravenloft, but perhaps a significant character in the mythos of it?

Urriak Uruk

Gaming is fun, and fun is for everyone
That's a great alt cover! The main cover is technically an impressive piece, but bores me personally. This alt is much better with Strahd's face looming in the background...

dave2008

Legend
This might be the first set of covers, with both the primary and the alternative, where I find neither are really to my tastes. They're not bad, they just don't inspire me. And I think EVERY other book (or set) has inspired me, up until this. Every other one I find details which cause me to be curious about what something might be, what I might discover in the book, how I could use some of it for my own games. This one just says...generic horror guys to me. I guess with the exception of the reflection in the sword and the amulet on the back. The rest? Vampire, zombie, wraith, hag, werewolf, ravens, graveyard, I can find this stuff on the boxes at Halloween costume stores.
I'm a little different in that I think these are the two covers for the same book I like the most. They are not my favorite covers, but every other book I can think of a didn't really care to much for one of the covers. This is the first time I like both of them about equally.

Though I agree that I don't find either of them particularly inspiring.

Remove ads

Remove ads