Pathfinder 2E Here's What's Coming For Pathfinder Over The Coming Year

At their (now online) convention this last weekend, Paizo revealed some information about upcoming Pathfinder 2E stuff!

Amongst other things, they announced The Abomination Vaults, their first 3-part adventure path, followed by Fists of the Ruby Phoenix (a worldwide test of martial arts and magic held every 10 years), also 3-parts.

Bestiary 2 released very recently; Bestiary 3 is now announced for March 2021! And the Lost Omens Ancestry Guide has a whole bunch of new character options for existing ancestries as well as new ancestries.

052820_Bestiary3.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-06-02 at 12.26.13 PM.png

052820_AdvancedPlayersGuide.jpg

Wayne Reynolds' cover art of the Advanced Player's Guide

052820_BeginnerBoxContent.jpg

Contents of November's Beginner Box

pathfinder-beginner-box.jpg

pogre

Legend
At their (now online) convention this last weekend, Paizo revealed some information about upcoming Pathfinder 2E stuff!

Amongst other things, they announced The Abomination Vaults, their first 3-part adventure path, ...

Has anyone seen information on what level this goes to?

I enjoyed Paizo APs in the past and love big dungeons - this might get me to try PF2.

CapnZapp

Legend
Has anyone seen information on what level this goes to?

I enjoyed Paizo APs in the past and love big dungeons - this might get me to try PF2.
Next spring they aren't doing a single six-part adventure path that takes you from level 1 to 20.

Instead they're doing two separate stories, in three parts each. The AP you're talking about is the low-level one, so it should end at level 10 or thereabouts. The other AP, about a martial-arts tournament(?), starts at about level 10 and ends at 20.

Thursday at 1pm EDT there is a Paizo announcement Seminar at GenCon Online (Paizo 2020 and beyond), with a Q&A to follow. We should get some more 2021 books announced there.

Ghost2020

Adventurer
Next spring they aren't doing a single six-part adventure path that takes you from level 1 to 20.

Instead they're doing two separate stories, in three parts each. The AP you're talking about is the low-level one, so it should end at level 10 or thereabouts. The other AP, about a martial-arts tournament(?), starts at about level 10 and ends at 20.

Cool!
I've wondered why they always felt the need to do a six part AP. Starfinder has done this a few times, short APs. I love the idea. I'm getting the Dungeon one for sure.

Kaodi

Hero
I wonder whether Kitsune will have a full tail line of feats. Like obviously you start with one, and maybe you can take a 1st level feat to get the 2nd, a 5th level feat for the 3rd, the 9th level feat will net you your 5th tail, the 13th 7 tails and the level 17 feat will make it the whole nine tails. Or maybe it will be condenses somehow.

I wonder whether Kitsune will have a full tail line of feats. Like obviously you start with one, and maybe you can take a 1st level feat to get the 2nd, a 5th level feat for the 3rd, the 9th level feat will net you your 5th tail, the 13th 7 tails and the level 17 feat will make it the whole nine tails. Or maybe it will be condenses somehow.
I believe they said there would be feats you could take to get the full nine tails, but I got the impression it wouldn't be all of your ancestry feats, but we will find out early 2021.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases