Here's Who Won ENnies This Year!

The ENnies winners were announced last night at Gen Con during a ceremony hosted by Cat Tobin and Kevin Kulp. Congratulations to all the winners! The ENnies celebrate excellence in tabletop roleplaying. (Judges Spotlight winners were announced last month) Product of the Year Silver: Call of Cthulhu Classic Prop Set Gold: Thirsty Sword Lesbians Best Game Silver: Root: The RPG Gold...

The ENnies winners were announced last night at Gen Con during a ceremony hosted by Cat Tobin and Kevin Kulp. Congratulations to all the winners!

The ENnies celebrate excellence in tabletop roleplaying.

ennies-350x350.jpeg

(Judges Spotlight winners were announced last month)

Product of the Year
Best Game
Best Adventure
Fan Favorite Publisher
Best Writing
Best Supplement
Best Rules
Best Setting
Best Family Game
Best RPG Related Product
Best Layout & Design
Best Free Product
Best Monster/Adversary
Best Organized Play
Best Art, Interior
Best Art, Cover
Best Production Values
Best Aid/Accessory - Non-Digital
Best Aid/Accessory - Digital
Best Electronic Book
Best Podcast
Best Cartography
Best Online Content

By the Way, how are the Rules of Thirsty Sword Lesbians? I don't think that my group will be interested in that theme (not big into romance stories and sex is a no go), but are the Rules alone worth it?

Thirsty Sword Lesbians has one of the best iterations of PbtA mechanics, but it's PbtA through and through. And while you could take the romance and emotional intimacy out of it (the game states that sex isn't a requirement at all—it's about relationships, but friendly and romantic) you wouldn't have much left. That stuff is what makes the game so great.

Congratulations to all the Winners! 8D

There are quite a few of these games that I have to try . :) I personally love that Sly Florish got two Awards, his Products helped me immensely .. so well deserved IMHO!

By the Way, how are the Rules of Thirsty Sword Lesbians? I don't think that my group will be interested in that theme (not big into romance stories and sex is a no go), but are the Rules alone worth it?
No. They are not well explained in TSL, so if you have never PBTA it may be extra work for you.

Baumi

Adventurer
Oh I love the PbtA Meachnics. 8D

But they always have the theme strongly baked into the rules (usually a great thing) so it seems that this will not be for me and my group. But thanks for the quick answers! :)

Kannik

Hero
A big congrats to the Troubleshooters and to Wanderhome! Still have to play the former but it's hyper interesting to me, and the latter we have played and it's downright wonderful in all sorts of ways. Both are also feature great art and Wonderhome is gorgeous.

Great to see humbly Kickstarted works of passion win big!

Kannik

Hero
I am interested in The Troubleshooters - The U-Boat Mystery.

Reading a review it sounds like a sort of Tintin adventure in an alternate nineteen sixties thwarting the evil plans for world domination by the secret organization known as The Octopus.

Has anyone read it or better yet played it?
You are correct, it's basically a Tintin / Spirou RPG. :) I devoured Tintin growing up and the Troubleshooters does a good job capturing that spirit and energy, both in art/feel and by including some mechanical nods to help support telling/playing/creating those kind of stories.

I haven't played it yet but it is most definitively in the queue...

Remove ads

Remove ads