DDAL Here's WotC's 14-Adventure CURSE OF STRAHD Series For DDAL

The D&D Adventurers League has revealed the details of the Curse of Strahd season of adventures beginning this month. Each is based on one of the Tarokka cards, with titles like "The Beast", "The Raven", and so on. The season starts with Suits of the Mists on Sunday, 7th February, and will be available on the Dungeon Master's Guild website on March 1st (each adventure becomes widely available for sale the first day of the month after they launch). Here's the full list!

18_CoverImages.jpg

• Suits of the Mist (Feb 3rd at Winter Fantasy; levels 1-2). Strange things are afoot in the Moonsea. The factions have called all those willing and able to investigate strange occurrences in the region surrounding Phlan. Dark whispers and unseen terrors lurk in the misty shadows between this world and someplace much more sinister. Unveil the horrors before it is too late! Part one of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
  • The Beast (March 3rd at GaryCon and GadCon; levels 1-4). Something strange is afoot within the Quivering Forest. So much so that even the elves of Greenhall have left their homes to seek out help from their newfound neighbors. But, their tales of a strange beast are not earning them any favor; especially among the Vistani, whom the elves suspect is to blame for their ills. Return once more to the Quivering Forest and learn the terrifying truth! Part two of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
  • The Hangman (March 3rd at GaryCon and GadCon; levels 1-4). The locals are spreading rumors of the emergence of an age-old relic in a remote farming village. Surely you won’t be the only one to seek it, but can you afford to not be successful in this mission? And why haven’t they claimed it for themselves? Part three of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
  • The Marionette (March 17th at Gamestorm and ROFCON; levels 1-4). A Vistani fortuneteller has called you out by name during the burgomeister’s private reading. She raved of an army of the dead, a delicate powder box, and a beautiful yet dangerous woman. Now the burgomeister wants to know why you’re more important than he is… Part four of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
  • The Esper (March 17th at Gamestorm and ROFCON; levels 1-4). The time has come to venture beyond the village of Orașnou and explore the realm of Barovia. However, in your travels, you happen across an unusual tribe of people–distrusted denizens of the Demiplane of Dread. Do the Vistani truly possess the ability to see the future, or is it simple parlor tricks and deceit? Part five of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
  • The Ghost (April 1st at TriCon). Old hatreds die hard, but sometimes it is necessary to set aside petty, personal disagreements for the greater good. The hag, Jeny Greenteeth, is wise and may prove instrumental in the troubles that lay ahead. Your task will not be easy, however, the dark forces of Barovia have agents everywhere, and eyes from beyond the grave no doubt watch your every move. Part six of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.
  • The Innocent (April 7th at Emerald City ComicCon; levels 5-10).
  • The Broken One (April 21st at Conclave of Gamers; levels 5-10).
  • The Temptress (May 13th at ChupacabraCon; levels 5-10).
  • The Artifact (May 27th at Kublacon, Hamex, and Nexus Game Fair; levels 5-10).
  • The Donjon (May 27th at Kublacon, Hamex, and Nexus Game Fair; levels 5-10).
  • The Raven (June 3rd at Origins, UK Games Expo, and KingsCon; levels 5-10).
  • The Horseman (June 3rd at Origins, UK Games Expo, and KingsCon; levels 5-10).
  • The Dark Lord (June 3rd at Origins, UK Games Expo, and KingsCon; levels 5-10).

There's also a convention exclusive at Winter Fantasy from February 3rd-7th (that's this week for those keeping track). It's called Reclamation of Phlan. "For too long, the Maimed Virulence has held Phlan in its grasp. The factions have begun to muster and sounded the call to battle throughout the Moonsea. Allies new and old will be called upon to aid in their attempts to reclaim the ancient town. Are you one of the few bold enough to answer the call to battle?"

Plus a WPN store exclusive adventure called Death House. "WPN Stores will receive a free PDF of Death House, a location based adventure that is designed to take 12-16 hours of in store play. This PDF can be run anytime after the start of the Curse of Strahd season. Death House is the name given to an old row house in the village of Barovia. The house has been burned to the ground many times, only to rise from the ashes time and again-by its own will or that of Strahd. Locals give the building a wide berth for fear of antagonizing the evil spirits believed to haunt it. Celebrate Season 4 with this special event written specifically for the launch of our latest D&D season."

I don't know about anyone else, but now that these adventures are all going to be available for sale and download to everybody, DDAL is feeling more and more akin to WotC's approach to Paizo-style adventure paths. I can imagine that many folks will use them in exactly the same way.

Cos-Logo-on-White.jpg

That was the original intent before the Launch Event was announced. Then we moved 4-1 to 3/15 to allow stores to promote (and get traffic) from Death House.

HawaiiSteveO

Blistering Barnacles!
Is anyone planning to use these for their (non-AL) groups rather than CoS? Will the hardcover book be needed to run the AL adventures?

Guessing many people running the DDAL series will be buying CoS anyway!

Is anyone planning to use these for their (non-AL) groups rather than CoS? Will the hardcover book be needed to run the AL adventures?

Guessing many people running the DDAL series will be buying CoS anyway!

The only thing out of the CoS that COULD be needed for running the DDAL modules is the Haunted One background from CoS. However it's not mandatory to use Haunted One to play them.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.

I told my own group I was planning to run the Season 4 modules as a home-play AL game, but went out and bought Curse of Strahd anyway. So far, it's very cool and might even persuade me to run it instead of the AL mods! (Cursed charm of the ancient vampire!)

--
Pauper

Rils

Explorer
Yeah, I was thinking of running the AL series for home group too. We're a fairly new group and I'm a fairly new DM, so having it a bit more structured sounds appealing.

warfteiner

First Post
I'm very excited to start running the Curse of Strahd AL adventures for my home game on Monday nights. We're looking to start around the first Monday in May, and will likely move through them pretty quickly -- and we'll be streaming! This season's format really does lend itself to running the adventures in the proscribed order.

(plus, it's Ravenloft and I'm a twisted individual)

Motorskills

Explorer
The Ghost (April 1st at TriCon). Old hatreds die hard, but sometimes it is necessary to set aside petty, personal disagreements for the greater good. The hag, Jeny Greenteeth, is wise and may prove instrumental in the troubles that lay ahead. Your task will not be easy, however, the dark forces of Barovia have agents everywhere, and eyes from beyond the grave no doubt watch your every move. Part six of Misty Fortunes and Absent Hearts.

What tier is this for?

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases