Hero Forge Custom Color Mini Kickstarter Is Live - And Funded!

Hero Forge 2.0 Kickstarter is live and kicking. Fully funded and unlocked all stretch goals with 30 days to go.

Hero Forge 2.0 Kickstarter is live and kicking. Fully funded and unlocked all stretch goals with 30 days to go.

HeroForge2-0.png

$39 for one mini, $75 for two, $149 for four, $219 for six, $350 for ten, $5,000 for 125, $10,000 for 250 (and yes, people have backed those last two levels!)

I bought from them a while back, two figures and both of them fell apart. Not useable for tabletop, but for a shelf. Maybe the plastic they use is better now, but I'll stay away from them.

I've only ordered the metal figures and they have held up fine. My kids are really irritated that my ranger's bow doesn't actually have a string, though, so I may have to add that.

Ravenbrook

Explorer
Since they claim to use "cutting-edge 3D printing technology", I was hoping for a higher level of customization. I generally have very specific ideas about how my character should look, but I doubt they would be met by Hero Forge 2.0.

dave2008

Legend
Since they claim to use "cutting-edge 3D printing technology", I was hoping for a higher level of customization. I generally have very specific ideas about how my character should look, but I doubt they would be met by Hero Forge 2.0.
The 3D printing tech i not the limit, it is the ability to model your 3D figure. There is a lot of variation / custimization available in their online 3D modeling tool, but it is not infinite. Though if you have the ability to make a 3D model yourself, then that is another thing all together.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
If you're more interested in the options for 3D modeling than the full-color printing, you should check out the stretch goals in this Kickstarter. (Most of which have already been met). Multiple limbs are now unlocked, high heel footwear has been unlocked, hand poses, multiple tails, new dragonborn head options, epic weapons, magic weapon effects, all of them have been unlocked.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Correction, 3000% funded. They met every stretch goal in the first few hours, so they added more. They met them just a few hours later, so they add more, and more, and more. Currently they are up to 29 stretch goals, and have already met 24 of them. There's still 28 days to go.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Hard to say, @darjr . I funded it because I already use their service and I want to help them add new features. I don't know how often I'll use the color printing service (I like to paint them myself), but I'm still going to benefit from the new stretch goal features. I feel like I've been waiting ages for custom hand poses, and I really like the new body features, new bases and new weapons.

Right now, you can get an unpainted custom mini for $20 + shipping. I don't know if that constitutes a "good deal" for you, but it is for me.

Last edited:

Adamant

Explorer
So... I LOVE this idea but is this Kickstarter a good deal?
From what I can tell, if you want the color printed minis you only get 1 dollar off now that the early bird deals are sold out. That's assuming the 40 dollar price for color printed minis stays the same from now until launch. The main draw for me was early access to the new tools. Whatever your feelings on a good deal is, I can say that compared to waiting and buying once it releases it's certainly not a bad deal.

Remove ads

Remove ads