• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc., Day 2: Goldenight

kirinke

First Post
Alethia raised an eyebrow. She too does not much care for law, at least when it is in conflict with simple justice. "I believe they would not agree with that my friend. This is more to cover ourselves and to alert them to the fact that we have an undead wizard and evil fae demons running about the town. That is cause for alarm, don't you think?" she smiled slightly. "You are right though. The laws can be at times overrated."

Hawkeye

First Post
"The leadership of the city needs to know now, in case we fail in our attempts to get him raised. Maybe the city Lords already have contingency plans in place. Perhaps there is a clone of Lord Piergeron waiting for just such an event. What if Tyr decides he has something more important for Piergieron to do on the Outer planes? The truth of the matter is we don't know. They know and can enact their plans once they know what has happened. I agree that the public at large doesn't need to know at this moment."

Hawkeye

kirinke

First Post
ooc: He just mentioned the basics. With what happened, wild rumors are probly flying, no one really knows exactly what happened and the city lords are going to want the nitty-gritty details. :]

Hawkeye

First Post
kirinke said:
ooc: He just mentioned the basics. With what happened, wild rumors are probly flying, no one really knows exactly what happened and the city lords are going to want the nitty-gritty details. :]

OOC: That is what I referring too.

Torqumada

DM_Matt

First Post
Aleena lets go of Timrin's hand and waves as he leaves, then lays back down.

Timrin rides towards the Naval intelligence station, but soon sees in the middle of the road a tall figure dressed in black flowing robes, and wearing a blank black mask. You recognize this as the attire that Lords wear to disguise their identity. In a commanding voice male (which itself is generated by the disguise), he (or she, the disguise makes it impossible to tell) says...Gather your friends outside your base. We will send people to meet with you there. I thank you for your service to the city and your cooperation in this matter." The figure stretches his hand out and teleports Timrin back to your headquarters.

DM_Matt

First Post
Suddenly, a man dressed in the robes of the High Priest of tyr teleports into the infirmily. He, like Tyr, has no right hand. He says. I am the high priest of Tyr, and I have come for the body. He waves his stump over Peregion's body, and a ghostly hand of bright golden light appears where his hand should be. He looks upset, and says "He cannot be raised. His soul is elsewhere"

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
DM_Matt said:
Suddenly, a man dressed in the robes of the High Priest of tyr teleports into the infirmily. He, like Tyr, has no right hand. He says. I am the high priest of Tyr, and I have come for the body. He waves his stump over Peregion's body, and a ghostly hand of bright golden light appears where his hand should be. He looks upset, and says "He cannot be raised. His soul is elsewhere"

Fin nods, unsurprised. "I more than half-expected that," he admits. "A vampire stole a bone from his arm with some sort of necromantic magic. Aiden Zarun decapitated the vampire, but we suspect it was not destroyed; its remains vanished, and the missing bone was nowhere to be found. Zarun seems to have a broad knowledge of this vampire - he may be able to assist in tracking it down to recover Peregion's soul."

"We have another body we'd appreciate your looking over, your Reverence... if it's not too much trouble," he adds. "She died last night, but may have been dead for a hundred years... it's an odd one."

kirinke

First Post
ooc:
Matt. I'm going to send you an email shortly....

IC:
Alethia looks shocked and then enraged as the full import of what the priest says hits her. "So. That is the vampire's plan then. Aleena was not the true sacrifice after all. Her father is. That is why they took the bone. So they can have a physical piece of him to control and through that a way to torture and corrupt his soul." her voice is full of tightly controlled rage.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

First Post
Shando leaps to his feet, ready for battle when the priest first appears and then relaxes as he introduces himself. His head dips in sadness as he offers a prayer to Ilmatar, asking for his protection over the fallen Paladin and for guidance and to forgive him for his failure.

Hawkeye

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads