• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc. : Rasheman

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
frostrune said:
"Will you join us?" [/COLOR]

He nods to Tim and whispers in the ear of Kayla: "I will be back, my love".

Once he is a few steps away from Kayla, he says telepathically to his companions "I understand your need to talk, my friends. I have no desire to argue, but I will listen."

[sblock=OCC] Sorry guys, I'll be travelling for the next 3 weeks, and I'll have sporadic net access. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to reply within a max of 2 days.

Also, Murdoch leveling up has significantly impacted his abilities. He'll upgrade his devour magic for Caster's Lament(I don't own complete mage (or where ever it's from), but I'm assuming this description is the correct one - DM_MAtt, please let me know if this is not the case).
He'll also take Chilling tentacles, and Tenatious plague(Black tentacles or insect plague 1/ round). Basically, he'll really be able to decimate armies... all in the name of good, of course ;)
Cheers,

SG[/sblock]

frostrune

First Post
Timrin responds with a terse nod then heads in the direction of Shando to make sure he is aware of the meeting as well.

"Shando, I am inviting everyone to the war room to air their greivances regarding the yesterdays sour turn of events and to decide where we go from here. I would like you to join us... and Sarah as you prefer?"

With a polite bow and last sidelong look at Maggie and Devan he takes his leave and heads for the bridge to invite Fin before making his way to the war room.

He smiles distractedly at Alethia and Dyria as he enters, his thoughts already on what he is going to say.

When everyone is present he hesitates for a moment allowing the company commanders (Murdock or Fin) the chance to lead off.

OOC: Steve hoping you have a quick chance to post (or maybe the DM wants to use Fin to interject?)...

Anyhow, too bad you won't be around much, this will probably be another interesting role-playing exchange.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
frostrune said:
OOC: Steve hoping you have a quick chance to post (or maybe the DM wants to use Fin to interject?)...

Anyhow, too bad you won't be around much, this will probably be another interesting role-playing exchange.

OCC: I should be ok during the week, but I'll have a couple of days without a connection...

IC: Still pensive, Murdoch heads towards the war room. "So friends, here I am. You wish to talk, so please talk" He says telepathically.

frostrune

First Post
Steve Gorak said:
Still pensive, Murdoch heads towards the war room. "So friends, here I am. You wish to talk, so please talk" He says telepathically.

"Since I called this meeting I suppose I will start?" Timrin says reluctantly.

"How are we deal with the effects of yesterday?", Timrin pauses.

"I'm not talking about censure or sanction, I'm talking about us moving forward."

"Every one of us here probably has different ideals of how that situation should have been handled. It's actually quite amazing that this is the first time it has come up but I suspect it will not be the last."

"As for my part in yesterday's mess, I fully acknowledge I was wrong to assume I had the power to offer and accept the Thayan surrender. Helm forgive me, but I erroneously gave those men false hope.... making their fate all the more cruel."

"I also was reminded that you people are not under my command. In fact, I have volunteered to be under yours <gesturing toward Fin and Murdock>."

"Of course, things have changed dramatically since we all joined this organization. We are no longer a protection service; we have no patron paying our bills.... and setting the parameters of our service. The Hidden Shield has become offensive. We are taking the lead in an epic clash against evil and oppression. We are no longer taking orders from a patron, we are following our own hearts and our own rules....",
he pauses dramatically.

"....and what we learned yesterday, is that we all don't play by the same rules."

"I am here to say I cannot abide another incident such as yesterday. It is not simply the slaughter that turns my stomach but that fact that we fought each other. That is something I cannot be a part of."

"Since the original charter of this organization no longer applies I say we forge a new one, one we can all agree upon. This will be our code of conduct regardless of whether we fight alongside the Rashemis, Cormyreans, or Mulhorandi."

"Of course this assumes we can forge a policy we can all agree upon. If our differences prove too great, some of us may have to choose to go our separate ways."

"I must admit I have seriously considered leaving. I personally felt dishonored and betrayed yesterday and those memories shall sting and remain with me for some time. But the truth is our enemies are POWERFUL. We need each other to survive and, more importantly, we need each other to win."

"For the betterment of all, I can forgive."

kirinke

First Post
Alethia stood and all can almost 'see' the quiet, inner radiance of both her and the sanctified demon, a light that can't quite be contained.

"I too understand the reasons why Murdoch attacked the Thayans, I understand the rage at the horrors they committed." she looked at the Warlock. "While Timrin was wrong in offering a surrender agreement, so too were you wrong in slaughtering them out of hand. Evil begets evil Murdoch. Just because our enemies commit atrocities does not give us the right to committ atrocities upon them. Indeed, it means that we should not ever allows ourselves to sink to that level."

"I forgive you Murdoch, how can I not? For part of me has committed even worse sins than that. Such is the nature of the curse Naverone and I share. Shared sin and shared virtue, each acting upon each other. But it does not excuse you for your actions. I cannot judge you, so I leave that up to the gods." her smile was lopsided, but sad. "I only pray that you do not do such again. When allies fight amongst themselves, evil wins."

She looked at the paladin. "I agree that we should probably forge a new charter. We are functionally on our own as far as mortal governments are concerned. In fact, I suspect that we are collectively wolf's heads as far as most of Toril is concerned, thanks to the machinations of the Twice damned."

Last edited:

Falkus

Explorer
"Why do you characterize Murdoch's actions as evil?" Dyria asked Timrin and Alethia. "Perhaps they were not perfectly good, but the men he killed were all evil men who had earned death through their own actions. I can understand why a saint wouldn't kill them, but I'm not a saint, and I don't intend to be one either."

kirinke

First Post
ooc
Alethia doesn't know that she's a saint yet. :) Though I think that Devan suspects it, I doubt that the others would know either.

IC
"He attacked them after Timrin offered a surrender. They had laid down their weapons and armour and were defenseless." she told Dyria with a small, sad smile.

"To attack someone who can't defend themselves even with cause is evil Dyria. How did you feel when you were helpless and people hurt you? Do you think that those Thayans felt any differently?" she asked quietly.

Hawkeye

First Post
Sarah suddenly jumps up from the chair she is occpupying next to Shando. She points an accusatory finger at Murdoch shouting "You put all of our souls in jeopardy with your actions! You should....

SARAH! Shando shouts, his voice taking on a strange hollow quality. "Be quiet!"

But..

"I said be quiet!"

"But Shando, he..

"Do you recognise my authority over you?

Sarah casts her eyes downwards. "Yes, Shando.

"Then sit down and listen. The beginning of wisdom is not only the desire to ask questions, but also knowing when to listen. For you, this is one of those times.

Sarah sits down a little petulantly, but there seems to be a look of satisfaction in her eyes and a slight smile on her face.

Shando addresses the rest of the group. "My apologies for my bodyguard's outburst. As I have said before, The Followers of Zuoken tend to be less diplomatic than those of Saint Sollaris. However, I do have to agree with her basic sentiments: You placed many of us in jeopardy Murdoch, not only at that moment, but in the future. Splitting us or causing us to doubt one another are tactics our enemies would use, weakening us for their next attack. Until yesterday, I would have trusted you with my life, but now I have my doubts. I am saddened by this and worried. I know that the forces of Order and Chaos have been opposed as long as, if not possibly longer than those of Good and Evil, but I have honestly not given it that much thought. I guess I always assumed you would see the "error" of your ways." there is a bit of a smile at his statement "I agree with Sir Timrin. We need to determine how we get past this situation and how we respond in the future. Otherwise, our enemies have already won.'

OOC: Continuous True Seeing per VOP, so Shando is checking everyone out, especially Murdoch and Fin. I am still waiting on a response to my email DM.

Hawkeye

Falkus

Explorer
OOC: Dyria is using the more general meaning of saint, rather than the specific mechanical term.

"I was abducted as a young girl by enemies of my family and sold as a slave in Calimshan. Those Thayans spent their lives perpetuating the same system that destroyed my life and thousands of others. Our situations are not at all similar. I was a victim; their deaths were simply justice for the crimes they committed in life. The only reason I held back was because I value our friendship more than I want their deaths," Dyria said to Alethia.

kirinke

First Post
ooc
Alethia probably registers equally under the law/chaos designations. She has the unique perspective of seeing both sides of the coin as it were. Although, I'd think that the 'Good' descriptor would probably be the most dominant of all, probably even drowning out such things as law/chaos. Shando of them all would probably understand exactly what she is, given that they are both exalteds.

IC:

"You are correct Dyria," The sanctified demon rumbled in their minds. "But Alethia is also correct. Though your situations are different, in the end, the feelings are the same. That is why it is evil, even if Murdoch was justified in his actions."

Naverone laughed sardonically. "Do not fall under the same trap that so many celestials and paladins have fallen to. Just because your enemy has committed great evil does not give you the excuse to committ the same evil upon them. Evil committed in the name of good is still quite evil. Mercy is still the better choice between outright slaughter. After all, it is quite a bit more difficult to redeem the dead than it is to redeem the living.

"Then, you have begun the first step Dyria. Vengeance is a cold and hollow thing and in the end isn't worth much at all and I am glad that you value friendship above it." Alethia told her gently.

"Remember that vengeance and the rage of betrayal are Shar's hooks into your mind and soul. Do not let yourself fall under that seductive song, for you will forever walk in the dark and cold shroud of despair." she smiled at the warrior. "You are stronger than that Dyria,"

Though she spoke to the warrior, it was clear that she was also speaking to Murdoch, trying to get them to see that those actions were decidedly wrong, if not evil in the strictess sense of the word.

Last edited:

Remove ads