• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc. : Rasheman

DM_Matt

First Post
Suddenly, you all notice Maggie standing in the doorway, holding herself up with one arm and rubbing her eyes with the other. Blearily, she says "Hey. Why's everybody fighting?"

Hawkeye

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Suddenly, you all notice Maggie standing in the doorway, holding herself up with one arm and rubbing her eyes with the other. Blearily, she says "Hey. Why's everybody fighting?"

"We are adventurers. Fighting is what we do."

Hawkeye

kirinke

First Post
"Oh nothing much. Murdoch went ballistic yesterday and we are not agreeing with what he did. So.... We are simply expressing our displeasure with his actions and what happened in the aftermath." Naverone said, giving her a brief mental rundown of what was actually happening, but making sure not to exhaust her overmuch.

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
Timrin's features soften (and maybe take on a tinge of sadness?) as if draws in a long slow breath.

"Maggie, you shouldn't be here; you're too weak," Timrin says helplessly.

'This meeting was not at all going according to plan,' he thinks to himself as he shakes is head.

DM_Matt

First Post
frostrune said:
Timrin's features soften (and maybe take on a tinge of sadness?) as if draws in a long slow breath.

"Maggie, you shouldn't be here; you're too weak," Timrin says helplessly.

'This meeting was not at all going according to plan,' he thinks to himself as he shakes is head.

"Obviously, this is important...I'm not THAT out of it..."
She says as she staggers in, falling down before she gets to Timrin, and sitting herself up against the couch. "Stop being so down. This should be a happy day! Rasheman is free now, and the Thayans are severely weakened! We got another Twice-Damned. What are the odds this problem will happen again...Murdoch's mighty planar lord grandfather just happening to be the ruler of that patch of land with the authority to order these guys' deaths suddenly appearing to him to have him do stuff that some dont like but him not ever really doing much of it anyway...seriously, when is something like THAT gunna happen again? And even with all the cred Oberon had, Murdoch still almost did what you wanted...we have some celebrating to do...and planning...lots of planning...also ship fixing..."

kirinke

First Post
"Mmm. But you are in absolutly no condition to be doing any of that at the moment my dear." Naverone said, his voice tinged with both worry and fondness for the over exuberent young lady.

Naverone mentally nudges Timrin. "Pick her up, why don't you. No one lives forever and even paladins are allowed for a bit of earthly happiness as long as it doesn't interfere with their duty. In good reason of course."

Alethia smiles at the slightly out of it sorceress. "Well. It's not just that. It's the attitude behind it that some of us have a problem with as well as the fact that he did it in the first place." she sighed, not really wanting to have to go through all of that again. "Alright. In a nutshell:"

"A: Slaughtering helpless foes is wrong. It violates every code of honor in the book. Bad, wrong, not good. Especially if you offer terms of surrender before hand. I know Timrin probably shouldn't have offered surrender terms. Still... Once they laid down their arms and armour in good faith, we should have kept our side of the bargin. AS GOOD PEOPLE SHOULD.
she said, stressing those words firmly.

B: You shouldn't always believe the voices that sound in your head. Especially with the foes we got gunning for us.

C: Considering this past day's worth of excitement and the fact that our former charter is pretty much invalid, it has been decided to create a new charter with new rules that we can all live by."

"By Selune's bright rays, why the heck are you up anyway? You should be in bed and not wobbling around!" Alethia says, finally realizing that Maggie was up, when she should bloody well be in bed.

After Timrin gets her off the floor and onto the couch, she checks the googly-headed sorceress over to make sure that she was alright. If Alethia determines that it's safe enough, she'll cast something to make her less sleepy and out of it.

Last edited:

frostrune

First Post
Timrin glances over at Alethia before moving to scoop up Maggie as Naverone suggested.

"Up you go Maggie", as he bends down to to gently lift her unto the couch. As he does so he can't resist quietly chiding her, "You really shouldn't be up you know? I'm glad you're here though," he confesses.

Timrin rises again to face the others, "Look people... what are we going to do? <Facing Alethia but speaking to everyone> Do you need to hear Murdock confess his actions were evil to be able to move on? I have a feeling he disagrees."

"The question I would like answered is, can we continue to work together?"

kirinke

First Post
"No," Alethia tells him quietly. "I can't rightly condem him of his actions, for I've been guilty of as much and worse, from a certain point of view." she smiled a little. "I just don't want that happening again."

She straightened a little. "I think we can continue working together. Differences of opinion are of course natural in a group such as this, but as long as we all strive to better ourselves and to talk out our differences, I think we can overcome those problems."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
frostrune said:
"The question I would like answered is, can we continue to work together?"[/COLOR]

"That is one question I will gladly answer: our goals require us to work together, but beyond that, I would be honored to continue to work with all of you."

OCC: Guys, lets move on. Seriously, Murdoch won't apologize because he does not believe he did anything morally wrong - aside from pissing off his lawfully inclined companions (which he's apologized for)...

Remove ads