Heroes, Inc. : Rasheman

DM_Matt

First Post
frostrune said:
Do we anticipate external checkpoints only or additonal checkpoints within the city? How difficult would be be to simply 'request' papers? Yes, it is annoying that paladins have to do everything legally. :(

Maggie and Dalin go back to check on that. Since it often flies at hgh altitudes from which it is difficult to see much on the ground, the ship has magicks for scrying and far sight, and Maggie and Dalin have maanged to partially integrate them with the ones they already had your mythal doing. Alas, some of its more powerful scrying abilities seem to be based on Cronos' dimension-hopping magicks that you guys can't fix.

Maggie reports back "It seems that Tiger Lodge warriors who patrol can and do demand papers periodically. It seems that at the enterences, Tiger Lodge troops, with a few Thayans, question travelers and grant them entry papers for a fee. They do not seem to be turning many people away, but we did see one guy get grabbed by the throat by a Tiger Clan guard and suddenly burst into flames, and another who was beaten and chained and taken off by the Thayans."

Falkus

Explorer
At the mention of someone being dragged off in chains by the Thayans, Dyria's faced turned wooden. "I could provide a diversion to help you get into the city," she volunteered. "I could easily make enough noise at a gate to draw all the attention onto me. And please, it would be my pleasure to do this."

frostrune

First Post
Falkus said:
At the mention of someone being dragged off in chains by the Thayans, Dyria's faced turned wooden. "I could provide a diversion to help you get into the city," she volunteered. "I could easily make enough noise at a gate to draw all the attention onto me. And please, it would be my pleasure to do this."

Timrin looks at Dyria sympathetically understanding where those comments came from.

"While I'm sure you could more than provide sufficient distraction, I have two concerns regarding this plan:

1) How will you escape?

2) Like it or not you are famous now. The Thayans in particular may recognize you. Even if you escape, simply knowing you were here may put our enemies on high alert. This would potentially place the plan and everyone else in danger."

"We must be as inconspicuous as possible here until we understand the situation. At that point, I'm sure that you will have more than sufficient opportunity to teach the Thayans the error of their ways."

kirinke

First Post
Alethia looked thoughtful as they argued. "Kayla, you are a Rashemi officer correct? Perhaps you could wrangle something with your queen or your brother. We are here to help, after all."

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
Alethia looked thoughtful as they argued. "Kayla, you are a Rashemi officer correct? Perhaps you could wrangle something with your queen or your brother. We are here to help, after all."

"It seems that Mulsantir is no longer under Rashemi control. My status is more likely a hinderance than a help," Kayla says.

kirinke

First Post
Alethia looked tired at this, not really surprised. "If you brother yet lives, he is either a traitor to your people, locked up someplace secure, or working undercover. In any case, it would be wise not to trust him automatically." she told the woman gently. "Could we scry for him?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
kirinke said:
Alethia turned towards the Warlock. "Well Murdoch, wanna go see what the local criminal element thinks of this situation?" she asked with an arched eyebrow.

"I'm up for it, but we'll definitely attract unwanted attention. I'm weary of roaming around invisible, the thayan wizards would likely spot me rather quickly.
Murdoch turns around to the others.
It's clear that the Thayans are openly involved with the Tiger Lodge of Mulsantir, and the Thayans are known to be evil and the ennemies of Waterdeep. Why don't we simply demand to enter thecity, and clean house when they try to blow us up with flames? I simply don't see why we should be subtle in our liberation of this city"

DM_Matt

First Post
kirinke said:
Alethia looked tired at this, not really surprised. "If you brother yet lives, he is either a traitor to your people, locked up someplace secure, or working undercover. In any case, it would be wise not to trust him automatically." she told the woman gently. "Could we scry for him?"

"I suppose we could, but the Lodges are often protected from such things, and I'd rather not alert them that he is being sought. Just checkout out the gates and the streets is one thing, scrying into the Lodges is far riskier. I will be careful. But I must go to Tiger Lodge., she says.

DM_Matt

First Post
Steve Gorak said:

"I'm up for it, but we'll definitely attract unwanted attention. I'm weary of roaming around invisible, the thayan wizards would likely spot me rather quickly.
Murdoch turns around to the others.
It's clear that the Thayans are openly involved with the Tiger Lodge of Mulsantir, and the Thayans are known to be evil and the ennemies of Waterdeep. Why don't we simply demand to enter thecity, and clean house when they try to blow us up with flames? I simply don't see why we should be subtle in our liberation of this city"

"House Milshilar is very powerful and influential, and we know not the circumstances under which they have gained power. As martial law goes, this city seems pretty lightly controlled. We do not know how deeply their support runs, nor whether their forces are hidden, nor whether enchantments are at work, nor the full strength of their forces. Plus, if we were to try to seize the city, walking up to the gates and mounting a frontal assault is not exactly the most likely path to success"

Hawkeye

First Post
"I believe this is a time that stealth and subtlety may get better results than landing in front of the main gates and launching spells at the walls. Do not worry Murdoch, I am sure you will get your chance to blow something up, or set it on fire or metl it with acid in the near future."

Hawkeye

Remove ads