• COMING SOON! -- The Awfully Cheerful Engine on Kickstarter! An action comedy RPG inspired by cheerful tabletop games of the 80s! With a foreword by Sandy 'Ghostbusters' Petersen, and VTT support!
log in or register to remove this ad

 

D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor


log in or register to remove this ad

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra will pull her pack over to her then sit back and listen to the music. She remains alert, more so even than she usually would in an inn due to the unusual reason for her being there, but otherwise passes the time until their mysterious benefactor shows up or it gets late enough for her to go to bed.
 

Steve Gorak

Explorer
Liam shrugged and smiled. "Suit yourself."

He took a sip of his whiskey. "Name's Liam."

"If you will have me, I will share the room with you Liam. Although I prefer to have my own room, I definitely prefer this arrangement to sleeping on a cot with the masses! That is of course if I don't make a new friend from now unntil then, because I do prefer sleeping on a soft belly!" He says, winking at the only remaining lady in the room, but it is obvous his comment was purely in jest. Unless she is interested, of course! he says to himself.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
If Liam had eyes, he would have rolled them.

"I think I'd rather have a room to myself," he said politely, flipping another gold coin to the innkeeper. "I'll take both beds in the room." He counted out four silvers as well, and laid them on the table, "But I'll also pay for the other two to have a cot."
 

NeoNinevite

First Post
Garret sat mostly silent, but smiled when Theremin bought him a drink, and that smile only grew when Liam offered to pay for his room. After a while, he spoke up.

"You know, I don't normally like being in a team, but if it means free drinks and bedding, I'll join up right now."

Garret took his drink and stood up, holding it aloft in a traditional stout halfling toast. He gave a blessing aloud in the guttural language of his people.

"To my new friends!" He shouts in common before sitting back down.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam smiled at the halfling. He liked him. Despite the smell.

He lifted his glass in salute with the halfling, sharing in the toast.

Liam grinned, "You might want to be careful with the liquor, friend. I've heard those that are...short of stature can't hold much, if you catch my drift."

Liam's grin held as he waited to see if the halfling would recognize his challenge for what it was.


Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, the bartender; Omri Bine
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:05 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain

Torban beamed and caught the gold piece. “Of course, citizen!” he said, pocketing the coin. “Take your pick of rooms,” he told them.

As the bartender gathered up a few empty mugs and brought them back to the bar, there was a sound of breaking glass outside, and then someone screamed.

Torban straightened up and reached under the bar, taking out an axe handle.

“What was that, Torban?” the older gentleman asked, sitting up in his seat by the fire.

“I don’t know, Mr. Bine,” the bartender said.

From the door to the kitchen came the sound of pounding on the back door of the inn and more commotion from the town square outside the front door.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Liam looked to the sound of the commotion. Of course, he couldn't see anything, but it was fairly loud.

He reached in deep, feeling the power swirl within him, coalescing on his rod. He couldn't see it, but the obsidian rod's silver runes began to glow blue.

"That doesn't sound friendly," he said with a grin. He wouldn't have thought it when he lost his eyes, but he loved moments like this. After months of training, the added challenge of being blind only increased the adrenaline rush he got when something exciting happened.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
At the noise, Coriana looked up. "Someone check that back door!" she shouted while running towards the front door and the square. Her blades drawn, she pauses at the door to assess the situation.
 

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"I'll get it!" Mindra answered Coriana. Going out the back was more Mindra's style than rushing headlong out the front anyway.

Pulling her rapier, Mindra rushes through the kitchen to the back door. When she gets next to the door she yells, "Who is it? What do you want?"
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, the bartender; Omri Bine
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:06 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain

As Coriana rushed out the door of the tavern onto the square, she emerged into chaos. It was dark. The town didn’t seem to provide any lighting outside. From the light spilling from the tavern, Coriana spotted small figures dashing about at the edge of her vision before the darkness swallowed them. She heard more smashing of windows or doors being slammed open. From the hill above town, she saw a line of torches rushing down. She heard a horn blow a warning from somewhere, screams of frightened people.

[sblock=OOC]Coriana has bright light within 20 feet of the door and dim light for another 20 feet.[/sblock]

At the back, Mindra rushed through the kitchen. The back door was latched and locked, but she couldn’t be sure how long that would last.

"Who is it? What do you want?" Mindra yelled.

The pounding suddenly grew silent. Through the door she could hear whispering, but she couldn’t make out the words. She heard scampering feet, some shuffling, and then a polite knock on the door.

“Hungry,” a voice said.

[sblock=OOC]Mindra, make me a Perception check[/sblock]
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, the bartender; Omri Bine
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:06 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain

Stealth: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25

“What is it?” Torban asked Mindra as he came into the kitchen clutching his axe handle.

“Let us in! Hungry!” came the voice on the other side of the door.

Perception: 1D20+2 = [7]+2 = 9

Out in the common room, the older gentleman looked to Coriana in the doorway. “What do you see, citizen?” he asked. He picked up a cane and gave the head a twist, pulling out a thin blade.

Coriana could see the line of torches getting closer. A couple split off, heading to various parts of town.
 

Lord Twig

Adventurer
"Whoever it is I don't think they're looking for table scraps." Mindra says quietly, then backs up and starts looking for a place to hide so she can ambush anyone coming through the door. "Go let Coriana know we have someone trying to get in the back door. Maybe she can circle around and attack them from behind."

OOC: Ideally Mindra would like to find a place that is hidden from the backdoor, but would also let her run back into the common room if whatever it is that is coming through the back is too much for her.

Not sure who the stealth roll if for, but it sure beats Mindra's passive perception of 18(!). In case Mindra has a chance to hide, here is her roll: Mindra Hiding: 1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14


Not great. Oh well.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Torban Ingpol, the bartender; Omri Bine
Essess/Bredonshire/Bredon/The Sawtooth Inn
29 Mother/8:06 PM (after sunset)
Weather: 80 F/27 C; No wind; Light rain

As Mindra retreats from the locked door toward the work counter, behind which would likely be the best place to hide besides the pantry if she wanted an escape route, she notices that the window over the washbasin is now open. As she rounds the corner of the counter she nearly stumbles over five small, green-skinned humanoids dressed in ragged leather armor with small shields and wicked, curved blades at their belts. Their eyes widen at her and one of them says something in a language she doesn’t understand, and they jump at the elven ranger!

[sblock=OOC]Let’s roll initiative!
Initiative: 1D20+2 = [4]+2 = 6
[/sblock]
 


Steve Gorak

Explorer
OOC: initiative [roll]1d20+4[/roll]
Sorry about the slow posting rate. I was in Europe, and got back home yesterday. I'll be travelling to Asia, leaving tomorrow, and apologize if I lag behind a bit. Things will get back to normal the week of Feb 20th.
 




An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top