D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Beturea, a beautiful name would that I could see the face to match."

His teeth flashed white in the darkness for a moment as he tried to cheer the woman up. Then, he stood and moved to the door of their cage to listen. He could hear something in the distance but wasn't quite sure what it was. In the meantime he took stock of their surroundings trying to decide on the best way to secure an escape.

Well Beturea, You say this place might be Eobold's Tower? What can you tell me about it? Also, what do you know of our captors?"

"Any little details might help. I once snuck past an orc who had a sweet tooth the size of Errol's Peak. Just left a basket of cookies out where he could find them. The best part is the sounds he made. Crunch, Munch, Snort!"

OOC: Perception: 1d20+4 21

Lord Twig

Adventurer
OOC: Mindra's Thieves' tools check for blocking the door: [roll0]
Mindra will then try to hide and keep an eye out.
Stealth: [roll1]
Perception: [roll2]

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra silently hopes that the door holds a bit longer as she takes cover and readies her bow.

OOC: How many HP does Mindra have at this point? She currently has a max HP of 35, but I think it still shows 19 in the status section.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

TOWER

OOC: Wow. I don’t think I’ve updated the status section in a while! LOL Sorry! Not sure on Mindra’s current HP, but I’ve updated it to her new max. She should have at least gotten HP from her level up. If everyone else wants to double check them, let me know and I will correct it. And sorry about the mistake on the casting time of Find Familiar!

[sblock=If you got a 10 on your Perception check]Did the body of one of the ambush drakes you killed twitch a bit?[/sblock]

Theramin and Mindra do their best to hide in the vast openness of the room. The only thing in it is the large arcane table.

Strength to break down door: 1D20+1 = [17]+1 = 18

Mindra did a good job securing the door, but apparently the kobolds were just that determined. It splintered, and they could see the tip of the cold blue flame of the spear of the armored kobold they had fought before, followed by a kobold carrying a bunch of sacks and cages, and two other kobolds. All of them had the same strange white patches of scales that nearly covered the armored kobold.

OOC: A lucky roll for the bad guys! That means Initiative for those in the tower. If you beat a 19, you can post your first action, then we’ll go via side initiative. We will do this combat theatre of the mind, as it isn’t too complicated.

DUNGEON

Beturea spoke in fits and starts, with a bit of a stutter. “Mached and I w-were heading to Bredonshire for some business. We were attacked on the road by some b-bandits! They took my Mached! They knocked me out and left me. Wh-When I came to, I found a ransom note in my bodice and the wagon destroyed. Then the k-kobolds came and dragged me here! I’ve been here for d-days.”

As Owyn studied the cell, he could tell that the bars were old. He found a couple that seemed loose and might be rusty enough with the right application of strength or pressure. He could hear voices speaking in Draconic through the barred window of the dungeon door where the torchlight came from. They seemed to be arguing, and he heard the occasional rattle of dice.

“As for the tower, I d-don’t know much. I am not from B-Bredonshire. All I know is it was said to have been b-built by Eobald the Mad a long time ago. During the w-war there was a great battle here between Essess and Arideen. B-Both armies disappeared and no one knew what happened to them. They say it’s been h-haunted ever since. We did see a light in the t-tower the night we were attacked.”

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 6/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir (+2) AC 15 30/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"That's quite a set of unfortunate circumstances. For myself, I was on a trip to The Academy, hoping to visit my sister Cera. She's a scholar there."

He listens to the bit about the tower and frowns. "Abandoned magic tower, infested by kobolds and who knows what else... what could go wrong?"

Wary of the dicing kobolds, Owyn gave a half-hearted yank on one of the weakened bars, testing it. Then he looked around the cell, hoping there was something he could use as a tool, or make into one.

"Don't suppose those bandits left a crowbar in your bodice as well?" He asked jokingly.

OOC: Str Check:: 1d20+4 7
+2 if you feel like adding Athletics.

Lord Twig

Adventurer
OOC: Initiative roll: [roll0]
Mindra gained 8 hit points from her level up. So there is that.
And with that roll she won't be going first. Would she get a shot off because she had her bow ready and was waiting?

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
OOC: Initiative roll: [roll0]
Mindra gained 8 hit points from her level up. So there is that.
And with that roll she won't be going first. Would she get a shot off because she had her bow ready and was waiting?

Okay. I gave her another 8 points so she is at 14. Unfortunately you can't Ready an Action outside of combat, so she was just a bit distracted or too slow or however you want to narrate it.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Unknown location/Tower
Seaday, Emperorweek, 2 Moon/12:24 PM
Weather: Chilly temps, light wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim to Dark: Disadvantage for Perception and Investigation unless you have a light source
Round 0

DUNGEON

The loose bar moved a little bit. It was apparent that the brick it was anchored in was old and weak.

“No crowbar, but I have my sash,” Beturea said. There was the sound of fumbling with clothes and then a delicate hand pressed something silken against Owyn’s arm. “Maybe I could help pull, if you wrap it around the bar. I am not strong, but maybe it would help.”

OOC: You can try again with Advantage for Beturea’s help. You just need a 10 really. And use Athletics, sure.

[MENTION=5044]Charwoman Gene[/MENTION] [MENTION=31754]Lord Twig[/MENTION] [MENTION=15132]Steve Gorak[/MENTION] [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] [MENTION=6865745]gargoyleking[/MENTION]

[sblock=Rolls]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Maps]
Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

[sblock=Status]
Coriana (+2) AC 15 24/24+5 thp PP 14
Liam (+2) AC 14 14/18 PP 14 Devil’s Sight
Mindra (+4) AC 15 14/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 36/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 5/19 PP 14 Darkvision
Sayine (+5) AC 15 8/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image*

Engir (+2) AC 15 30/64 PP 11 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold Inventor (+2) AC 12 13/13 PP 10 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 1 (+2) AC 12 8/8 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
Kobold 2 (+2) AC 12 4/4 PP 8 Darkvision, Sunlight sensitivity
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
Survival:
Marching Order: Mindra, Coriana, Theremin (Sayine), Liam
Travel Pace: Normal
Travel activity: Mindra (watch), Coriana (map), Liam (watch), Theremin (watch), Sayine (watch)
Light: Dim light
[/sblock]

[sblock=Loot]
300 gp
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: Theremin gained 8 hp from leveling up. He will hide behind the table instead of what I described earlier.
Here's his initiative: [roll0]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases