D&D 5E Heroes of Hydellor

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Owyn turned at the new voice and frowned at the commentary. He didn't like the tone of voice. And as the others advanced on the sleepers, he moved to interject himself in the way.

"I'll allow no killing here. These people are our to be kept as prisoners. At least until we have a chance to resolve this situation."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Seaday, Emperorweek, 3 Moon, 897 AF/Time ????
Weather: Chilly, no wind, light rain
Lighting: Dim
Round 0

Crimsyn held up her hand as Owyn intervened, and Alet paused his fighters.

“You don’t have authority here, outsider,” Crimsyn pointed out. “This is our village. Food is hard enough to grow here without having to share with those who wish us dead. Or tried to steal it.”

“We at least need to deal with the dead,” Alet pointed out, nodding to the raid leader. Only one bandit remained upright, and sorely wounded, and he dropped his weapons. The remaining raiders were either asleep, or wandering in a daze, and that would be ending soon, and they would return to their senses.

As they confronted each other, a shimmering form rose from the raid leader, taking on the man’s insubstantial form. It looked a little confused, but then turned and faced east, as if hearing something, before it started to “walk” in that direction, much as what had happened when they had killed the kobolds.

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Mindra (+4) AC 15 35+8 thp/35 PP 18 Darkvision
Owyn (+3) AC 19 27+3 thp/36 PP 14
Theremin (+5) AC 15 27+2 thp/27 PP 14 Darkvision

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14 thp/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Bandit Captain AC 15 0/68 PP 10
Bandit 1 AC 12 10/10 PP 10 Euphoria (6r)
Bandit 2 AC 12 12/12 PP 10 Asleep 4r
Bandit 3 AC 12 2/14 PP 10 SURRENDERED
Bandit 4 AC 12 8/8 PP 10 Asleep 4r
Bandit 5 AC 12 10/10 PP 10 Asleep 4r

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp
Magic spear (unidentified)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Theremin nods “I will oblige, friends. I was just trying to help you, and stop this war, which is over on the prime material plane. If you allow, I can try with the survivors, but will respect your wishes. We are now brothers in arms after all.”

Seing the ghostly figure, he inquires to Crimsyn and Alet: “what is that?

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"Then they can eat what rations I can spare them. That should suffice for at least one day. Take them prisoner and then we can discuss this."

With that, Owyn pulled out hos rope and turned to find the nearest man to tie up. Then he saw the 'spirit' and yelped in surprise. "What is that?"

Lord Twig

Adventurer
Mindra stood back and watched the situation play out between Owyn and the villagers. Then moved to relieve the sleeping raiders of their weapons, deciding that either way they weren't going to need them. When the ghostly form rose from the raid leader she stood back up in shock.

"I thought the ghostly kobolds was caused by the strange tower we were in, or by the magic released by that strange stone. But it seems to be happening again." Mindra turns to Alet. "Is this normal?"

OOC: I am not sure how many weapons Mindra can grab before the spirit rises, but she will also subtly look for valuables on the raiders as she takes their weapons.
Perception to search radiers (-5 if it should be an Investigate check): 1D20+8 = [20]+8 = 28
Slight of Hand to take anything she finds: 1D20+5 = [19]+5 = 24

Well dang! Using up some fantastic rolls! I was ready to use the inspiration that Theremin had given her, but doesn't look like it was needed.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Round 0

[OOC=Mindra]Searching bodies is Investigation, but I’m going to give you something for that natural 20 :)[/OOC]

Mindra doesn’t find too much on the bodies that are valuable, but she does find a potion of healing in the raid leader’s belt pouch.

The villagers and Owyn finish tying up the unconscious or befuddled prisoners, who all eventually awaken to find themselves captive. They struggled slightly, but the fight seemed to have gone out of them.

The party is surprised and frightened a bit by the spirit. It doesn’t seem to pay them any mind as it just continues to walk east, disappearing into the gloom and rain.

Alet nodded to Mindra’s question, then he brought his serrated greatsword down on the raid leader’s neck and messily sawed off his head. None of the villagers -- or even the captives -- seemed to flinch.

“This is the land of the dead, my child,” came the aged voice of Salor Dawnwhisper to Mindra’s question. He still seemed strong enough to walk, and he carried a bow, so he must still be able to use it. “Where the spirits go after the death of Paladine, I do not know,” he admitted. “But they go east. Always east. They leave their bodies behind, and if you are not careful, they may rise again.”

The old elf turned his aged eyes to Theremin. “You think you can stop this war?” he asked the half-elf bard. “The fighting is old and deep, and the young long for the rush of battle,” he pointed out, looking at Crimsyn and Alet. “It lets them know they are still alive.”

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Sayine (+5) AC 15 14+8 thp/14 PP 13 Darkvision, Breath, Spells (Yellow, 1/d): dancing lights, mage hand, minor illusion, color spray*, mirror image -- Bardic Inspiration 59r
Beturea (+1) AC 15 14 thp/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Coriana dismisses her greatsword, watching the spirits move east. Speaking for the first time since the nature of their journey in the tower was revealed. "Bloody hell! Who cares about settling pointless conflicts, we have to find our way home!"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
The old elf turned his aged eyes to Theremin. “You think you can stop this war?” he asked the half-elf bard. “The fighting is old and deep, and the young long for the rush of battle,” he pointed out, looking at Crimsyn and Alet. “It lets them know they are still alive.”

I do not know if I can stop it here, but it is indeed over. So why keep fighting?” Theremin then looks at the comeliest maiden he can see smiles at her, and adds in jest “as for the young, well, there are much more pleasant ways to feel alive! And if we manage to figure out how to operate the portal back to the prime plane, we can even bring those with wanderlust with us.”

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Round 0

Crimsyn returned Theremin’s smile. “We know all about the ways to feel alive,” she said. “You sure you can handle them?” she asked with a smirk.

“What do you need to end this war?” Salor Dawnwhisper asked. “If the war is truly over as you say, you are right. It is pointless. We would do better to work together to survive here. Or get home, if it is possible. We could not find a way to work the portal again. Caravan said he lost the key in the fighting.”

@Lord Twig
@Steve Gorak
@gargoyleking
@Charwoman Gene

Combat Map:
Player Overview Map:

Coriana (+2) AC 15 31/31 PP 14

Beturea (+1) AC 15 14/16 PP 12 Engaged with Captain

Survival:
Marching Order:
Travel Pace:
Travel activity:
Light:

300 gp

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Shadowfell/Village
Round 0

Crimsyn returned Theremin’s smile. “We know all about the ways to feel alive,” she said. “You sure you can handle them?” she asked with a smirk.

“What do you need to end this war?” Salor Dawnwhisper asked. “If the war is truly over as you say, you are right. It is pointless. We would do better to work together to survive here. Or get home, if it is possible. We could not find a way to work the portal again. Caravan said he lost the key in the fighting.”

Oh my, I may not want to head back home after all!” Theremin says to Crimsyn with an earnest and suggestive smile.

Talking to Salor Dawnwhisper, Theremin says “If we are to figure out how to operate the portal, I think we need to broker a truce with your adversaries first. This will allow us to operate without being attacked, and who knows, they may be aware where the key is. Do you know who their leaders are and do you have a way of communicating with them?

he turns to his companions: “friends, are you with me? We can start by by bringing back the prisoners as a gesture of goodwill, what say you?

Remove ads