• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#28)---10/22/07-'Flight or Fight'

Vocenoctum

First Post
Hijinks said:
I'm bored.

I think they keep introducing new heroes/villains to keep viewers interested, but then they have whole episodes without certain cornerstone characters. So viewers are getting bored without seeing their favorites.

I like Hiro the best and honestly don't care that much about Claire. I want to drool over Kensei, dangit.

They've got too many people to keep track of and not enough time in the show to do it.

The problem for me is part of the problem I had towards the end of last season. They have their formula, and they tend to not be as clever when they stray. They had episodes last season that seemed to be written by deciding what the cliffhanger would be, then wasting time in the entire episode to get to that cliffhanger (rather than a steady progression).

Then, next episode, half the cliffhangers were resolved right away, and overall meaningless. (Like Peter about to go nova, Claire drawing a gun to stop him... then next ep, he stops "no, wait, all better" and it's done.)

They had the "seperate heroes discovering their powers and their place" last season, so they tried to capture it this season with new heroes, but they also wanted to keep the old favorites around, so they constructed a way to split them up so they could redo the entire "moving togethor" thing. (Except, I guess they're not even moving towards each other mostly.)

Seriously, last season ended with Sylar being killed by a sword through the torso. A nuclear blast ripped out across NY's skyline, leading most to believe Nathan and Peter were dead.

Now, none of it matters. Sylar was "cured" of his gaping chest wound by an illusionist in mexico (ugh, so many flaws, so little time) and Peter and Nathan are alive. The blast goes unmentioned. Will they throw togethor an excuse for why Peter & Nathan live? Sure, we'll see how it goes.

Pyrex

First Post
Dire Bare said:
Actually, the crispy figure Nathan keeps seeing in mirrors seems to alternate between a crispy Peter and a crispy Nathan. Or at least, that's what I'm seeing.

I could be wrong here, but it's always looked like Nathan to me.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Vocenoctum said:
That's the other problem. Flyboy makes her lie about their relationship, so she must pretend to be a cheerleader. This could mean he deprives us of the outfit, since otherwise she would be a cheerleader! (Unless of course she wears it as part of the deception...)
Actually, this part bothers me. Not so much because Claire is lying, but because the whole thing is just so darn stupid! Someone in town is liable to recognize her dad as a 'bad guy', and she doien't warn him. Especially as its someone who's bound to see him before long. Then she tells dad she's going to be a cheerleader. Fine. Um, except that its going to be pretty darn obvious before too long that she isn't. Or doesn't anyone in the family bother to watch her at practice, let alone at the games? Claire may be hot for Peeping Tom, but she's never been half this dumb before.

Vocenoctum

First Post
Ed_Laprade said:
Claire may be hot for Peeping Tom, but she's never been half this dumb before.

I chalk it up to Plot Device, and include it in the "gotta try to recapture what we did in Season1". Claire's secrecy and coming to terms with her father worked, so lets reverse all that so we can do it again.

Just like Nikki/Jessica will probably have to "find her strength". At least Hiro hasn't been trying to regain his confidence and such.

PhoenixDarkDirk

First Post
I want to know what the scroll restorer thinks of Hiro's talk about fixing history.

It's possible that Claire will really join the cheerleading squad to better cover her lie.

Taelorn76

First Post
That's is what I figured would happen, she joins the squad and participates, but then on days off from practice she lies and hangs with West

Grymar

Explorer
Vocenoctum said:
Seriously, last season ended with Sylar being killed by a sword through the torso. A nuclear blast ripped out across NY's skyline, leading most to believe Nathan and Peter were dead.

I'm betting that in the upcoming episodes will be a "Four Months Ago..." one that covers what happened since, like you said, there are just too many unanswered questions. Why is Nathan not in Congress? What did the world think of the nuke? How did Peter get in the cargo container in Cork?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads