• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes Season [Volume] 2 (#28)---10/22/07-'Flight or Fight'

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
1216065297_77f3402cf3_m.jpg

Flight or Fight

Star: Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder Suresh), Dana Davis (Monica Dawson), Zachary Quinto (Sylar), James Kyson Lee (Ando Masahashi), Masi Oka (Hiro Nakamura), Milo Ventimiglia (Peter Petrelli), Adrian Pasdar (Nathan Petrelli), Noah Gray-Cabey (Micah Sanders), Ali Larter (Niki Sanders), Greg Grunberg (Matt Parkman), Hayden Panettiere (Claire Bennet), Jack Coleman (Mr. Bennet / HRG), Dania Ramirez (Maya Herrera)

Recurring Role: Kristen Bell (Elle), Jimmy Jean-Louis (Mysterious Haitian), Adair Tishler (Molly Walker)

Guest Star: David Anders (Takezo Kensei), Katie Carr (Caitlin), Nichelle Nichols (Nana), Holt McCallany (Ricky), Dominic Keating (Will), Eriko Tamura (Yaeko), Stephen Tobolowsky (Bob)

More paintings by Isaac are found and researched. We learn something about Mohinder's past. We meet more new heroes. A woman named Elle is searching for Peter. Ando looks for Hiro in the past. Matt looks for the man in Molly's dreams. HRG takes another step in hopes of protecting his family and himself.​

I will be out of the Country, until late Monday nite. So, no fear, this early setip is here. :D

and I appreciate it.

I really need to have a friend tape the show for me (I have no TV but bought the DVD set) I really want to see / discuss it as it comes out instead of every August / September.....

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
You know, that plot synopsis isn't very accurate to the episode.

Does anyone else think Matt Parkman has really boring nightmares?

dravot

First Post
Remus Lupin said:

He's a boring guy. ;)

Great episode. This is the episode I've wanted for the past 3 weeks.

dravot said:
He's a boring guy. ;)

Great episode. This is the episode I've wanted for the past 3 weeks.
Yeah, this one was definitely good...stuff's really happening now and it looks like that'll continue next week.

A nice lacking of Claire and stalker guy, too.

papastebu

First Post
This is my favorite episode so far, this season. Matt is going the direction that I hoped he would, and I'm almost positive that Nathan's Sizzle-Twin is actually Peter's soul-jump effect made to match Nathan by the man's own mind. Since Peter died, his psyche has jumped into Nathan, and can't get back to himself without contact with his own body. That's going to be a mess, if it happens.
Still not enough of Hiro and Kensei, but I suspect that we'll see more next week.
I am glad that Monica is able to use her ability with any activity, and not just through a technological interface.
I think that maybe Micah can fix ANYTHING, but technology is more intuitive for him than other things. He maybe has a power like Sylar's, but is a rational and compassionate being, and so "knowing how things work" becomes "fixing things". As of tonight, with Parkman's father, we have seen an extrapolation of where a power can be taken with practice and intent. Matt just hasn't been as imaginative as his father was, so far.
Peter can be positively deific, in scope, and so can Sylar. Maybe an extrapolation of Nathan's power is teleportation, not only of himself, but of anything his mind can grasp, kind of like Popinjay from the Wildcards series. Maybe Hiro can fly, if he gets his head around it the right way. Super speed becomes transitive speed, becomes matter to energy conversion and back again. Regeneration develops into healing others, expelling poisons, creating a cure for cancer with your own blood. Maybe D.L. can rise from the dead? He could already walk through walls, so maybe that's the next step.
Maybe the more the supers are around one another, the more their powers develop. Monica showed no sign of any powers until she was in contact with Micah, however briefly. I wonder if her brother will activate through the contact, as well?
What if Hiro activated Kensei?
What is the connection?

LightPhoenix

First Post
It's amazing how great an episode this was, without Claire and the Honduran Snooze Twins...

Nathan is awesome. I love Nathan, and I love Adrian Pasdar. End of story.

Matt and Nathan is such an inspired team-up. Though Matt really needs to up his WIS. Man, he'll fall for anything. I'm not sure whether to think the nightmare was "real" or not. Based on 5YG I would think it might have been, which would be a nice twist on Matt's character. Maybe "nice" isn't the right word, but I can completely see him doing that, seeing as how he had no qualms leaving his wife to go on the grand adventure to Kirby Plaza.

Peter was okay, but I really don't get why he had to hide. Even amnesiac, he probably could have kicked Elle's (I think?) butt. However, I wasn't sold on Kristin Bell. I think his story was by far the weakest in this episode.

I already declared my love for Nathan, but Micah is a close second. Next to Hiro he's the one that's got the hero thing down pat. Yay for NGC playing the piano!

Monica was pretty good too, and her and Micah have a good chemistry. I don't think her power is simply mimicry - I don't think she played exactly the same thing Micah did. I still think she has a physical version of Sylar's intuitive aptitude. She also seemed to be improvising the jump-roping as well.

Mohinder? Listen to HRG. Although I'm not convinced Nikki is really there to be cured. After all, I thought that her multiple personality disorder was cured during Kirby Plaza. Molly's two dads aren't doing too well...

Steel_Wind

Legend
Remus Lupin said:

The synopses are written a month ahead of time based on the script. I expect the editors for time/continuity reason decided to shift some of the scenes listed in the synopsis to next week's episode (possibly the week after even, depending on).

For those playing along with a copy of the Heroes home game, the first thing you do when your new lover of all of three days sees her brother dead on the floor? It IS NOT whirling her to face you while you declare it's all your fault.

But the Heroes are coming to Canada. That's all good.

Maury Parkman is a bastard. He'll look much better about two ounces heavier, right between the eyes.

fba827

Adventurer
Parkman having boring nightmares? yeah, but a nightmare none the less-- it was about his fear of being helpless and his fear of losing his family, all rolled into one. at least that is how i saw it. but true, was a very boring manifestation of it.

One thing that stuck out to me....
at maury's apartment, why was the threat picture (mark on bob's face) there at maury's apartment? wouldn't the warning have been given to bob?

A possibility is that Maury was making it to give to Bob.

Or, if we follow the theory that Nathan is involved in the murders since he has been present for each of the "threat pictures" so far, it fell out of nathan's pocket or something during their fight. now, having said that, if nathan is involved, i don't think he knowingly is (such as mind control from another person -- we've seen mind control powers already) or it is this other personality (that manifests as the burned guy in the mirror) that is doing it - kind of like how niki/jessica never knew what the other one was doing.

The absence of meanie/stalker/boyfriend Wes was, can't say I missed him at all.

I'm also enjoying the fact that these have all been new episodes in a row... normally we'd have the next week or two be repeats...

and, finally, i wish they'd have nichelle nicholas (sp?) do more -- so far she has been COMPLETE background with barely a line tossed here and there. I know it's not about her, but, man, seems like such a waste to have her just sitting on the chair in the background all the time.

Fast Learner

First Post
Good episode, a bit choppy but the show coming together again. Though I'm pretty bored by Hiro in the past.

I don't think anyone's yet mentioned the implication that Peter has been near (and known?) Kristen Bell's character Elle before, the likely source of his newfound (to us) electric powers. I find it intriguing.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads