Heroic Dilemma: Help Us!

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
That's an excellent point, Telsar... there's not a lot stopping us from TRYING to fight and then, if necessary, giving up and heading to THE FUTURE.

Or waking up the sleepers/reserve if needed.

I'd be strongly tempted to have someone start a project breeding a race of atomic-powered supermen as reinforcements.

Brad

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Hmm. Is the Chronobridge a one-way trip? Sounds like it. You might want to sleep your way into the future, find out some way of getting terran viruses past the armor defenses, then come back to the past via some method and employ it against them before they come to power.

sniffles

First Post
I can see Kahuna Burger's point, but the Future plotline sounds like so much fun!

It would probably be more fun if the world wasn't taken over by aliens, though. Are there no other supers your group can ally with to defeat the aliens? And why are the Germans the only possible allies?

The Germans seem to be the only people that now, only hours into the attack, have any hope of organizing any sort of resistance. For the most part, the aliens have already won. They are, without a doubt, in control.

But, even then, they appear to be in a position much like the remainer of the US government... forced into hiding and conducting guerilla attacks.

Ed_Laprade

Adventurer
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
The Germans seem to be the only people that now, only hours into the attack, have any hope of organizing any sort of resistance. For the most part, the aliens have already won. They are, without a doubt, in control.

But, even then, they appear to be in a position much like the remainer of the US government... forced into hiding and conducting guerilla attacks.
No, they aren't in control. They're stuck in their tin shells. The one thing that tank warfare taught us is that you need troops on the ground to hold territory. Of course, that begs the question: Why did the aliens bother to invade a world that can't do anything with in the first place? Also, they should spend the next seventy years dealing with the problem that's keeping them from enjoying their new world, not letting it weaken them. I suspect that the GM hasn't really thought this through very well. (And why do the characters who fought the Germans in The Great War hate them? They weren't the Evil Empire like the Nazis were.)

DrunkonDuty

he/him
Many people during WWI did think of the Germans as the Evil Empire. Obviously with hindsight we can safely say that the militaristic German Empire, while having its flaws (many of which were shared with the militaristic Allied nations), was nothing like the Nazis. But for the people of the time, especially to anyone who fought on the western front, it wouldn't be a big stretch to hate the Germans.

Rabelais

First Post
Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Going to the future is a path, but man, there's really something to be said for that brave and final last stand against desperate odds, and I bet that final stand would be a pretty great ending...

Aragorn:
They do not come to destroy Rohan’s crops or villages. They come to destroy its people. Down to the last child!
Théoden:
What would you have me do? Look at my men. Their courage hangs by a thread. If this is to be our end, then I would have them make such an end as to be worthy of remembrance!

WWTD? ;)

Oh, and see if you can have your final stand in New Hampshire. I hear it's nice there in autumn.

Last edited:

Firedancer

First Post
Queen D, interesting question, certainly sounds like a good game. Some repetition to previous posts.

And with Heroic in the title....hmm...the heroic thing is for some self sacrifice. The heroes split in 2, those with the skills and temperment start the foundations for the resistance, with a promise of great heroes to come....the other, time tripping group.

Those that stay; Signal, Son of Rasputin and (presumably immortal) Collector seem logical choices for this as characters. Perhaps Tarot too.

Be quite cool to play these out making the foundations for resistance, planning and facilitating for the future (maybe even having character death). How cool for the future group to encounter the transformed characters from the past - perhaps finding a lost Collector, encounter Signal who has become disembodied soundwaves and the maniacal prophet son of rasputin.

Still, perhaps that's asking too much of the DM.

Fenes

First Post
Why are the germans so important? at 1934, they have no army to speak of, no tanks, no modern planes, barely anything more but the 100'000 men from the Reichswehr that Versailles left them. I'd think the UK and France would be better, with their fleets and armies spread over their colonial empires. Italy might be another choice. Then there are the soviet, with so much ground to hide in, smaller european nations with good armed forces (Czech, Switzerland, Finnland).

I'd say, stay and kick the aliens out. If 100'000 germans are that good, then a few million other soldiers from around the globe should do the trick the same.

Remove ads