HeroQuest! I Finally My Mythic Set!

Sacrosanct

Legend
I’m supposed to get mine Tuesday! But it’s shipping by FedEx, and on average their delivery estimates are a week overconfident (seriously, given a choice, I’d have happily paid extra to ship by literally any other carrier), so I’ll get it in November.
Jist another update. Original date was 11/6. Now due to "operational delays", it's 11/10. The most annoying thing is because it requires signatures, I've basically wasted my entire weekend at home waiting because they don't send their cancellation update until the evening. 😒

I'd be pissed of I were a seller who paid for short delivery and none of the packages actually were delivered within that delivery.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Its true, I've shared pics with a few friends and they all want this to share with their kids. So, are there currently no plans to bring this out for retail, or have they stated its never gonna happen?
I am in the same boat as Cistern. If I am not mistaken the funding started via Haslab about the same time as The One Ring 2ed Kickstarter. I had backed The One Ring to a point that I didn't feel comfortable backing Heroquest and almost immediately regretted it.

So, I have been following fairly closely. Hasbro has not stated either way on any retail versions. HOWEVER, the wisdom of the good posters at Boardgame Geek, think that it is sure to hit retail, (hopefully not just wishful thinking). While they have not stated either way, at Hasbro Pulse*Con back in October, Hasbro made a big deal about the App and all the new stuff in development that will be announced in 2022.

Therefore, with all the stuff they are saying is in the works, it seems to make sense that it would be for a wider audience that just the original backers. I will not be jealous (too much) even if they only release the basic tier. Just give me a chance to give you my money.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I am in the same boat as Cistern. If I am not mistaken the funding started via Haslab about the same time as The One Ring 2ed Kickstarter. I had backed The One Ring to a point that I didn't feel comfortable backing Heroquest and almost immediately regretted it.

So, I have been following fairly closely. Hasbro has not stated either way on any retail versions. HOWEVER, the wisdom of the good posters at Boardgame Geek, think that it is sure to hit retail, (hopefully not just wishful thinking). While they have not stated either way, at Hasbro Pulse*Con back in October, Hasbro made a big deal about the App and all the new stuff in development that will be announced in 2022.

Therefore, with all the stuff they are saying is in the works, it seems to make sense that it would be for a wider audience that just the original backers. I will not be jealous (too much) even if they only release the basic tier. Just give me a chance to give you my money.
I agree, I'd love to buy a basic tier as a gift for people I know.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
How is 2e, btw? I didn’t back because of money (opposite issue as you it seems), but I’m quite curious.

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
How is 2e, btw? I didn’t back because of money (opposite issue as you it seems), but I’m quite curious.
I am waiting on the physical books to do a deep dive but casually reading over the PDFs, it looks really good. I never got into 1st edition, but from reading some of the comments there are a few changes that don't sit right with some 1st edition fans. But coming into it new: it just drips Middle Earth atmosphere, with a fairly simple straightforward system lighter crunch with good narrative bits.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I am waiting on the physical books to do a deep dive but casually reading over the PDFs, it looks really good. I never got into 1st edition, but from reading some of the comments there are a few changes that don't sit right with some 1st edition fans. But coming into it new: it just drips Middle Earth atmosphere, with a fairly simple straightforward system lighter crunch with good narrative bits.
Yeah I’d heard they made some changes a lot of folks don’t like. I’m still interested but I like 1e a lot, and I don’t love the new art style.

Remove ads