HeroQuest returning?

macd21

Adventurer
I’m going it’s not just a straight reprint of the old rules. I’ve been playing the original game recently, and it could definitely use an update.

Apparently the (now cancelled) project by Restoration Games hasn't got links with Avalon Hill/Hasbro.

Source:

Update (Sept. 17): A representative from Restoration Games got back to Polygon, saying that the timing between its registration of HeroQuest Legacies and the launch of Hasbro’s website was merely a coincidence.

“Our trademark filing was a purely preliminary step of interest,” the representative wrote in an email. “The timing with Hasbro’s announcement was coincidental. We have no involvement in Hasbro’s project and have no immediate plans with regard to an HQ game.”

1077425_sm-.jpg

1077427_sm-.png

* I am afraid there is some link with Hasbro Pulse. A crowdfunding of HQ? Please, I want to buy the translated version for my niece, 9 years old now. HQ shouldn't be only for collectors of vintage games but to introduce to new players.

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I don't have many fond memories of childhood, but playing through this with my brother and friends is definitely one of them.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I'd like to see some tweaks, too. I mean, the original game was very much crossbow = win. Hard to deal with a crossbow that fires broadswords across the room.
Across the room? Son, those crossbows could hit anything you could see, no matter how far away it was. They rule!

Of course, in my current HQ game with my 6yo, everyone who isn't the wizard has a melee weapon that does better than that anyway, so while undeniably potent the crossbow isn't always the best option.

Orius

Legend
Exactly. Crossbows? My players who weren't a wizard all packed longswords and used the doors as choke points, let the monsters rush the doors and used the crossbows when the monsters didn't.

Still, the game was fun.

Remathilis

Legend

It's live! It's a Kickstarter!

I am happy with the reedition, and I wish them a great success, but I would like the translated version to play with my niece.

And what about the future expansions?

Remove ads