• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hero's Quest (Solo Eberron Campaign)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"You're right. Follow me." He gets up, throws his hat on and heads outside. He leads you towards the edge of the town, and as you get to the less crowded area suddenly two bugbears step on your way. "Failin! You cheat us! Time to pay!" The other growls as both draw morningstars.

OOC: Time for init ;)

Kaodi

Hero
Initiative: 1d20+2=18

( On his turn. )

Groaning inwardly, Valsamath raises his defenses and he draws Falchion from its scabbard. " If you have business with Failin, you have business with me, and I am not in a mood to deal nicely, " says the kalashtar.

Valsamath
HP: 43/43
AC: 19 (Touch 12, Flat-Footed 17)
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
BAB/Grapple: +3/+4
Melee Atk: +5 (1d8+2 19-20/x2, Falchion)
Power Points: 14/13
Action Points: 7
Biofeedback 2/-

Blackrat

Failin yelps and ducks behind you and to a side-alley. Having you standing between them and their mark the bugbears both charge you with their morningstars high. As you pull yourself out of the first's way, the other almost gets a hit at you, but almost doesn't count.

OOC: Init:
You 18
Failin 11
Bugbears 7

Blackrat

The creature growls in pain but a cunning smile creeps on his face as he takes a step to your side and strikes but doesn't get through your parry. When the other bugbear takes a step to the other side you realize the reason of the smile. They're setting you in the middle of them. A sound tactic indeed as you can't effectively defend on both sides and the creature hits you on the arm with his morningstar. Your psychic feedback takes away some of the strenght behind that strike, but it still hurts bad. Failin is nowhere to be seen.

OOC: Taking in account the biofeedback you take 7 damage.

Kaodi

Hero
Grunting, Valsamath goes on the defensive as he looks somewhere he can step towards that will keep the bugbears from surrounding him again.

The kalashtar makes a weak attempt at counterattacking, but keeps looking for openings in the defenses of his opponent.

Attack: 1d20+1=3, Damage: 1d8+2=9

Valsamath
HP: 43/36
AC: 21 (Touch 14, Flat-Footed 19)
Fort +5 Ref +5 Will +3
BAB/Grapple: +3/+4
Melee Atk: +1 (1d8+2 19-20/x2, Falchion)
Power Points: 14/13
Action Points: 7
Biofeedback 2/-
Fighting Defensively -4 to Attack, +2 to AC

Blackrat

A barely audible click sounds from the shadows and the bugbear you had already wounded throws his arms up and drops to the ground, a crossbow bolt stuck to his neck. You notice Failin had found a hiding spot to shoot from. The other one takes a frantic swing at you but misses as you parry easily.

OOC: Only one to go anymore.

Blackrat

Seeing his companion fall and Failin reloading the crossbow the remaining bugbear takes a frantic swing at you and flees right after it. There's no strenght in his strike and as he turns around you get a slash through wounding him on his side.

Kaodi

Hero
For a moment he thinks of giving chase and cutting down the bugbear from behind, but instead Valsamath looks over to where Failin was hiding and asks, " Would you mind telling me what the heck that was all about? I think it was our invitation for getting out of town. "

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads