Hero's Quest (Solo Eberron Campaign)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
You descent the ladders to a point where the light from your lantern doesn't penetrate the darkness. Magical, you guess and brave the darkness. It seems to be only a magical curtain and as you come from the other side you find yourself floating in the air. Still clinging to the lowest rung of the ladder you see a spherical chamber around you to which you entered from a hatch on the ceiling. Letting go you gently float to the bottom, and with only a slight push upwards you could get back to the hatch if you wanted.

The sphere is about 20' across, made of shining nonreflective metal. Infront of you a metal plate, 1' across with sockets similar to the one on the hatch before, floats in the air about 3' from the bottom.

There is a compass-star on the plate and eight sockets of different colors around the edge.

N=Brown
NE=Blue
E=Blue
SE=Green
S=Brown
SW=Green
W=Blue
NW=Blue

And finally in the middle of the plate there is one more blue socket.

( OOC: Hopefully this doesn't disappear mysteriously like the first time. Sorry for the delay... )

Kaodi

Hero
Valsamath retrieves the blue rod and attempts to use it on the second hatch, the various blue sockets, and whatever else he can think of before he considers heading back up to the fork to look down the path of the right.

( Hey, Blackrat. How would you possibly feel about letting this game drop and concentrating on the 4e game? I have seen you say in other threads that you have been enjoying this game, and it is pretty good, but I was thinking that I would perhaps like to just focus on 4e. I am not oppossed to continuing play, if that is what you would like; this is just a suggestion. )

Blackrat

(Hmm. If you're up for it still I'd much prefer keeping these both up. This one has the benefit of being easy to run, what with most being straight from the book :). With the other I might come to a writers-block from time to time if my imagination runs low, and this is a good game to keep us both entertained if that happens)

Blackrat

You insert the key to the north-eastern slot and nothing seems to happen. Shrugging you are about to pull it out when the room suddenly shakes and starts moving. The whole room rotates slowly, the hatchway on the top moving to be on the wall. The sudden movement startles you and almost makes you loose balance, but as you regain footing, it is easy to keep up with it. When the room finally stops, the hatchway is now on the wall, straight where the slot in the howering plate points.

Kaodi

Hero
" I can see that this is going to get... interesting... " mutters Valsamath. At least this means that it should be difficult to be followed while he is in here, though that says nothing of ambushes when he tries to leave, and nothing of what may be waiting for him inside.

The kalashtar moves to the hatch to see what lies beyond...

Blackrat

The hatchway opens to a corridor, dimly lit by glowing globes on the wall and some 50ft long. The walls are scorched and the door on the far end has burned down. There is a distinct smell of burned wood and sulfur. You can see a faint glow of flickering on the other side of the doorway. At the end of the corridor, there is a turn to right, and apparently the way continues that way around the corner.

Something like this, the burned door on up, you on the hatchway down:
Code:
.##....
 HH

Kaodi

Hero
The kalashtar warriors attaches his lantern to his belt and closes the shutters, seeing as the way seems to be lit somewhat. Cautiously he advances towards the bend in the passageway, aware that though the smell is still strong, it might be just that the strange effects of the Mournland cause the damage to remain as fresh as it would of been on the day of the Mourning. Yes, hopefully that is all it is...

Blackrat

As you creep closer to the door you notice that the flickering light clearly moves around the room on the other side. But your silent steps haven't alerted whatever it is yet. Getting to the corner you see that the corridor on the right opens to a small room with a pool on the center. On the other side there lies a man. The light is not enough to determine his condition from this far. Further away there is a room that seems to have some sort of lockers on the walls.

Code:
        ..PPP.M  ......
.##.......PPP..........
..........PPP..........
V.........PPP..........
....    ..PPP..  ......
 HH
V=You
P=Pool
M=The Man

Kaodi

Hero
Valsamath quietly draws his sword and approaches the man. He expects that it is merely a preserved corpse, but best not too be too careful...

Remove ads