• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hethas' Gambit: Game of Death discussion [rnd 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.

seasong

First Post
Just a quick note that I didn't get ANYTHING done last night. However, I did manage to bring my stuff to work with me, so I'll be double checking stuff this morning.

I already double checked to make sure Cholestus lived. Tough little bugger, ain't he? Although we're going to have to rename him to "Cholestus the Shredded" ;).

Also, it looks like reapersaurus and JDragon are in agreement, so I'll edit that post sometime later this morning. The essence of it is, Blaster didn't get the pin (ruling/slight nerf: has to take a round "away" from fighting to be able to pounce again), but Izad still wasn't able to get out of the AMF, although he was able to esconce himself in the bead of force and set himself up for a slow drowning death.

Also, reapersaurus, I mispoke on the rakes thing, so no worries there.

-seasong

cool hand luke

First Post
seasong said:
The essence of it is, Blaster didn't get the pin (ruling/slight nerf: has to take a round "away" from fighting to be able to pounce again), but Izad still wasn't able to get out of the AMF, although he was able to esconce himself in the bead of force and set himself up for a slow drowning death.

Also, reapersaurus, I mispoke on the rakes thing, so no worries there.

-seasong

how did he use the bead of force inside the AMF?

seasong

First Post
Sorry y'all. Got delayed by real life.

Xiao Fung: confirmed that he isn't dead :D.

Blaster vs Izad:

Blaster runs and leaps upon Izad! Although Izad was blurred, Blaster relies on senses other than sight along, and managed to drag a claw into his chest, dragging Izad with him as he sank into the storm-whipped waters.

As they sink, Blaster pulls Izad in close and rakes with his hind legs... blood mixes with freshwater, and both disappear beneath the waters. Desparate, and unable to break free by any other method, Izad grabs Blaster by the tail and kicks free...

Alas, not far enough. The magical drain upon Izad is present still. One last try, he thinks, and reaches an arm out as far as it will go, a small black bead held in his hands.

With an amazing display of manual strength, he cracks the bead. A wave of force completely fails to harm anything within the antimagic field, but the sphere of force expands into place without difficulty. Izad does not resist, and is pulled by the bead of force into the "safety" of an impenetrable prison.

Will he drown? Time will tell.

seasong

First Post
I'm not going to have much time at work today, but I will try to get your individual e-mails out as soon as possible. Poke me if you haven't heard anything by Saturday morning.

Jeremy

Explorer
*pre-Saturday-morning-poke to not forget to poke seasong saturday morning when I am poking myself to rembember to poke on the appointed time of poking*

Number47

First Post
Well, seasong, I have been following your fights over at RPOL. Not looking so hot. Just fighting too much nerfed-up munchkin goodness?

I just started my firt match in the arena The Proving Grounds. Seems to have started out very nicely. You should make a 3.5 character and come by. Unfortunately, it really is the only arena I can fight in. 3.5 with no books required outside core.

Oh, and by the way, where the heck are the turns? What are the opening conditions of Turn 6?

Jeremy

Explorer
As far as I can tell, I have not yet received my individual email either.

And I have to recommend the Proving Grounds as well, it's run by Tyr (our own DM with a Vengeance) and has much more balanced and well thought out rules than Valhalla. If I weren't so busy fixing all the nerfs Luo brought about I'd probably have a char over there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads