Hey look another Highlander movie

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Hey, there were easily, like, 10, maybe, good episodes of the Highlander TV series.

It actually got pretty good later on. Pity that it barely played in my area (I had to try and see it on a station with reception heavily dependent on odd atmostpheric conditions).

Brad

Orius

Legend
Yeah, local syndication was kind of wacky for me too. I missed about half of the series, I think I only saw seasons 1, 3, and 6 (aka the Raven audition season :p). But it wasn't a bad show, I've seen far worse Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV.

I'd say one of the advantages to a TV show as opposed to a movie was that it gave us a much larger view of Duncan's overall life.

Klaus

First Post
Well, one thing is certain. If Highlander was made today, it'd be planned as a trilogy, with the final fight between Connor and the Kurgan happening on the third movie, when Connor gets the Prize (which hopefully wouldn't be telepathy).

Amellia

First Post
Klaus said:
Well, one thing is certain. If Highlander was made today, it'd be planned as a trilogy, with the final fight between Connor and the Kurgan happening on the third movie, when Connor gets the Prize (which hopefully wouldn't be telepathy).

You're so right about the trilogy, Klaus. Though I suspect they'd have done the whole fight in the first movie, and then just moved on to bigger/badder baddies for two and three. Hollywood tends not to care about trying to top themselves... they do the best/baddest stuff they can straight off the bat, particularly in an untried franchise (stuff like LotR or Batman they can afford to plan) and then worry about one-upping the previous movies later, if they're successful.

Taelorn76

First Post
I am afraid that I would like to see a remake of this as well, or just another good movie in the series.

Unfortunately "There could only be one" and that was the original. I don't think there will ever be another good highlander movie.

Keeping fingers crossed that a relaunch does work :)

Frostmarrow

First Post
The cool thing about Highlander has always been the premise. Immortals with swords instead of fangs. It's still about undying love. I look forward to a remake.

Acid_crash

First Post
I think what would be really cool is if they went into this with the true intention of doing a sequel of the immortals going for the final prize, let people know that it's an original story set over more than one movie, so when they do sequels we can actually understand why they are making more than one movie.

Gerard Butler has the Highlander. Ben Kinglsey as Ramirez. Cant think of anyone for Kurgan yet. I just hope they dont screw it up like those horrible sequals.

Bastion

Amellia

First Post
BastionLightbringer said:
Gerard Butler has the Highlander. Ben Kinglsey as Ramirez. Cant think of anyone for Kurgan yet. I just hope they dont screw it up like those horrible sequals.

Yum, Gerard Butler! I like the way you think.

Remove ads