• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hey Wulf! Is Slavelords of Cydonia out yet?

GlassJaw

Hero
Hey Wulf, just wanted to check on the status of Slavelords of Cydonia. I'm really looking foward to seeing a sourcebook using Grim Tales. Even though I probably won't have a chance to run a campaign using it right away, I'm almost certain that I'll get it (unless it really sucks, but I doubt that :cool: ).

Also, any chance of running some demos? :D

JoeGKushner

First Post
I'd say it's not out based on two elements.

1. Osseum hasn't sent me a review copy.

2. Games Plus, my local store, has just about everything under the sun and if they don't have it, chances are it's not out yet.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
GlassJaw said:
Hey Wulf, just wanted to check on the status of Slavelords of Cydonia.

It's been at the printer for a few weeks now, had one minor hiccup that cost us a couple of days (damn custom Bad Axe font!) but is still on track to be done before Thanksgiving.

Which means in stores a couple weeks after that.

Even though I probably won't have a chance to run a campaign using it right away, I'm almost certain that I'll get it (unless it really sucks, but I doubt that :cool: ).

I'm having pre-release jitters (as usual) but I keep remembering how many times I went through this product during editing and said, "Damn, that's cool!" out loud.

Slavelords is a big risk for Bad Axe-- the biggest risk we've taken to date-- and this is a bad time to be taking risks.

I don't think this product will be for everyone, no-- certainly not for the dungeon-crawl crowd. But I think experienced GMs and players who can focus on story are going to be very pleased. The fluff is just fantastic and there's some significant new crunch as well (particularly mass combat, which features heavily in the high-level portions of the adventure).

Also, any chance of running some demos? :D

Hmmm... hard to say. It is a 1st-20th career-spanning adventure, after all, so just a piece of it might fail to capture the epic coolness of it all.

Now, if I could find a local "evangelist" willing to run it regularly, I could promise significant "support," you know?

Wulf

Turanil

First Post
Wulf Ratbane said:
I'm having pre-release jitters (as usual) but I keep remembering how many times I went through this product during editing and said, "Damn, that's cool!" out loud.

Slavelords is a big risk for Bad Axe-- the biggest risk we've taken to date-- and this is a bad time to be taking risks.

If my financial situation gets better, I am sure to buy this book (and maybe make a review). So lets see that in January of February.

GlassJaw

Hero

I don't think this product will be for everyone, no-- certainly not for the dungeon-crawl crowd. But I think experienced GMs and players who can focus on story are going to be very pleased. The fluff is just fantastic and there's some significant new crunch as well (particularly mass combat, which features heavily in the high-level portions of the adventure).

Well you'll sell at least one (me). :)

Now, if I could find a local "evangelist" willing to run it regularly, I could promise significant "support," you know?

Oh wow. Hmm. *gears in head turning*

I think the best bet would be for me to read it when it comes out and then see what happens after the holidays. Maybe we could talk via email (I'm at chris7476 at yahoo dot com). I'm certainly local, that's for sure.

It's definitely going on my Christmas list. Can't wait. And if Santa doesn't bring it, then I'll buy it myself after I hunt him down, him and his half-elf/half-gnomes and his freakin' celestial deer. You hear me, Kringle?

That's assuming I can wait till Christmas.

Last edited:

GlassJaw

Hero
Hey Rodrigo, why don't you move up the coast a bit to New England? Then we could have some sweet GT gaming. Come on, DC sucks anyway. :p

GlassJaw said:
Hey Rodrigo, why don't you move up the coast a bit to New England? Then we could have some sweet GT gaming. Come on, DC sucks anyway. :p

Thanks, but one of my best friends is from Rhode Island, and if he won't move back, that isn't exactly encouraging. :p Besides, I grew up in Florida. There's no way in hell I'm moving anyplace colder than DC. (BTW, what the heck is the deal with Connecticut? How can it take longer to get from New York to Rhode Island than from downtown DC to the other side of NYC?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads