D&D General Hidden Path Making 3rd Person Open World AAA D&D Video Game

Hidden Path Entertainment is recruiting for an "AAA, third-person, open-world fantasy RPG that will be taking place inside the Dungeons & Dragons franchise." The game will use Unreal Engine 4. The company has made games like Raccoon Lagoon, Witchblood, Defense Grid, and has also been involved with Age of Empires and Counter Strike. An open-world game is one like the Grand Theft Auto series...

Hidden Path Entertainment is recruiting for an "AAA, third-person, open-world fantasy RPG that will be taking place inside the Dungeons & Dragons franchise." The game will use Unreal Engine 4. The company has made games like Raccoon Lagoon, Witchblood, Defense Grid, and has also been involved with Age of Empires and Counter Strike.

An open-world game is one like the Grand Theft Auto series, where the player is free to roam across the world. Other examples include Fallout, Assassin's Creed, and more.

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.37.13 PM.png

It could be a no-republished setting, for example Ravenloft or Dark Sun. I doubt a new MMO because it would be a rival for DDO and Newerwinter Online, and also Magic: the Gathering. Today the multiplayer online are too risky.

imagineGod

Legend
The last online D&D got abandoned and Anthem, supposedly a AAA just got abandoned.

Yet World of Warcraft, so long in the tooth, it is almost primordial, just refuses to let go

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Why not compare it to Daggerfall, hard to get more open world than that and is earlier than GTA.

Many folks here seem to be missing the point of comparison. The point isn't to name the game that is most like the target. The point is to get the most people to the general idea. GTA is one of the most recognized games series on the planet. It gets the idea across.

Daggerfall is 25 years old. It is several generations of technology behind. While a comparison to Elder Scrolls overall may be reasonable, comparison to a game older than many/most current players you are targeting is probably not a good idea.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Also I don't play many video games. I've never heard of "Breath of the Wild" or "Daggerfall". I have heard of GTA.

Oofta

Legend
Many folks here seem to be missing the point of comparison. The point isn't to name the game that is most like the target. The point is to get the most people to the general idea. GTA is one of the most recognized games series on the planet. It gets the idea across.

Daggerfall is 25 years old. It is several generations of technology behind. While a comparison to Elder Scrolls overall may be reasonable, comparison to a game older than many/most current players you are targeting is probably not a good idea.
So you're saying I shouldn't compare the game to Zork? But how will people know that they have to have light so they aren't eaten by the grue? 👻

Remove ads

Remove ads