• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan

Miquiztli

First Post
You are able to open the door and it reveals a 10 ' wide corridor that turns to the left. The sides of this corridor are carved to resemble walls of bamboo-like logs. The passage slopes down from a single door on its western leg, the lintel of which has
been crafted to represent a stylized cavern entrance, to
double doors of beaten bronze, worked to resemble a forest of seaweed.

OOC: Marching order please.

Attachments

• room2.jpg
    room2.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Tanstaafl

First Post
"If anyone else has a light source, perhaps we should save it for later, if I walk near the center everyone should have adequate light."

OOC: If no one objects, Sylvia will be third. Morrigan continues to ride on her shoulder.

Inez Hull

First Post
Hawkslayer readies sword and shield and moves next to Thrarn, ready to move forward and relieve Liathan if trouble commences.

Miquiztli

First Post
As Liathan moves down the hallway, he notices something wrong with a section of floor. Checking it carefully he sees that it is a pressure plate though what it triggers he does not know. Taking a few minutes Liathan disarms the pressure plate and the party moves on. At the door after a careful search, Liathan says that it is free of traps and unlocked. It opens into a room.

This room is constructed of large stone blocks, but-
tressed in the corners. The walls are wet and slimy and
mud covers most of the floor in a thin coating. In the
center of the chamber there sits a large polished
boulder amid a pile of smaller rounded rocks. The
boulder is 5’ tall and colored brown with dark streaks
and spots. Leaning against it is what appears to be a
bamboo staff. To the left and right may be seen stone
doors recessed in the wall.
When the room is entered, another stonework door may
be discerned in the shadow of the boulder across the
apartment. In the mud around the base of the boulder
may be seen a small moving shape, a crayfish.

Attachments

• room3a.gif
    room3a.gif
    34.7 KB · Views: 131

Inez Hull

First Post
"As do I, my friend. We are looking for an escape from this ruin, not to explore. I wonder what this place was, or is. That Liathan has found traps suggests to me that this is some tomb of sorts."

Tanstaafl

First Post
Sylvia wishes briefly for fresh air and open skies, then glances around the room. "Which way shall we go?" she asks her companions, indicating the three doors. "Perhaps the center door would lead us out of this place more quickly... we must not tarry here or the poison in the air will kill us all."

Snowtiger

First Post
"Liathan, could you check for unpleasant surprises in this new room before we go through? The center door certainly does seem to be the logical approach, Lady Sylvia."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads