High elves--> Eladrin : Feystep must GO!

Kordeth

First Post
A couple of ideas, loosely inspired by the Complete Book of Elves (aka "Elves are better than everyone, aka Mein Alf). None are written up in full, proper format or thought about too carefully for balance because I'm at work.

- Manifestation: By drawing on her connection to the Feywild, the grey elf makes herself seem more grand and fearsome. Close burst 3 fear-based attack (encounter).

- Communion: Grey elves can speak without words, sharing thoughts and ideas mind to mind. Encounter power, gives all allies within a close burst 5 the ability to speak to one another telepathically and provides an extra +2 racial bonus on any aid another actions.

Kordeth

First Post
Blackbrrd said:
About Eladrin, I now know what you do to a Eladrin you want to keep in jail. (Not escaping every 5 minutes with fey step). You blind them somehow. Maybe give them a blindfold, splash some liquid in their eyes, or if its orcs doing the capturing, just poking the Eladrins eyes out. Hmm.. dark dungeons would work as well ;)

You need line of sight to be able to teleport.

I really like this--it conjures a character concept: the elusive master thief, finally caught after many, many years and locked away in a dungeon with an iron mask with no eye holes locked on his head, just waiting for a chance to pilfer a key from the guard and vanish into thin air.

Irda Ranger

First Post
FitzTheRuke said:
Why would you want to ditch such a fun, flavourful ability?

High Elves in my setting never had this power before either, but I've decided that a small percentage of the population do, and the eladrin PC happens to be one of them.
This is my first choice. I'm starting a campaign in Greyhawk too, and I'm keeping Eladrin as written. Similarly, if I were starting my a Dragonlance campaign I'd just use Eladrin as written for my Qualinesti and Sylvanesti.

But if you really just can't stomach it for some reason, John Snow's option #1 would be my second choice. I don't think any of us know the rules well enough to really change them yet, and it's a nice ability to have. You could also think of it as a Tumble power (like the Rogue's), only better because you can shift 5 squares instead of 3.

keterys

First Post
Irda Ranger said:
This is my first choice. I'm starting a campaign in Greyhawk too, and I'm keeping Eladrin as written. Similarly, if I were starting my a Dragonlance campaign I'd just use Eladrin as written for my Qualinesti and Sylvanesti.

And Elves for Kagonesti? For some reason I'd been thinking Silvanesti = Eladrin and Qualinesti = Elf, but I guess that makes sense too. Hmmhmm.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Blackbrrd said:
About Eladrin, I now know what you do to a Eladrin you want to keep in jail. (Not escaping every 5 minutes with fey step). You blind them somehow. Maybe give them a blindfold, splash some liquid in their eyes, or if its orcs doing the capturing, just poking the Eladrins eyes out. Hmm.. dark dungeons would work as well ;)

You need line of sight to be able to teleport.
Nah. Since they're Fey - cold iron, through the flesh. It pins them to the world, like a butterfly.

The humane thing to do is of course to use a cold-wrought iron earing, and then just bind the hands normally so they can't take it out. Orcs, of course, are usually meaner.

DJCupboard

Explorer
Irda Ranger said:
Nah. Since they're Fey - cold iron, through the flesh. It pins them to the world, like a butterfly.

The humane thing to do is of course to use a cold-wrought iron earing, and then just bind the hands normally so they can't take it out. Orcs, of course, are usually meaner.

Oooh, ooh, what a neat idea. It'll take some time with the system to figure out, but I wonder if that power is roughly the same as a feat or a stat boost.

Imagine playing an eladrin literally stuck here (cold iron earing magically fused in place, or somesuch). He can't get back to the feywild at all (including his fey step ability). To make matters worse, his family (still in the feywild) has been kidnapped by an old adversary. His whole reason for adventuring is to figure a way back and rescue his family.

Remove ads